BOARD OF SELECTMEN, ASSESSORS AND OVERSEERS MEETING
Selectmen: George D. Richardson, Jr., Gerald A. Bodmer and Ross Norton
Citizens: Reggie Lee
Guests: Charlotte Boynton of Wiscasset Newspaper and
Greg Foster of
1. Selectman George D. Richardson, Jr. called the meeting to order at 12:08 p.m.
2. George moved to approve Warrant No. 09 for $2,595.25; Jerry, 2nd; vote; 3-0.
3. The minutes of August 24, 2009 were reviewed. George moved to with correction to No. 6. The correction was made and George motioned to approve; Jerry, 2nd; vote: 2-0
4. George moved to accept the minutes of the August 26, 2009 meeting between the selectmen and the Wright Property Ad-Hoc Committee regarding the boat ramp project; Ross, 2nd; vote: 3-0.
5. Ross moved not to hold a Selectmen’s meeting on September 7, 2009 in observance of Labor Day; George, 2nd; vote: 3-0.
6. George motioned to approve the deminimis changes on the Ferry Landing Boat Launch project; Jerry, 2nd; vote: 3-0.
7. George motioned to change the wording in the proposal letter to George Powell from “pricing” to “alternate”. Ross seconded the motion; vote: 3-0.
8. George motioned to be authorized to contact George Powell and Steve DeWick to go ahead with the float project; Jerry, 2nd; vote: 3-0.
9. George received another request from Jon Williams. George motioned to ask Jon come to a selectmen’s meeting to discuss his requests; Jerry, 2nd; vote: 3-0.
10. George moved to write a letter to Lynda (Gillis) Boardman and send a property tax abatement application to her with the statutes and possibly setting up a date to meet with the B.O.S. and Gene Huskins, CMA, to discuss her taxes; Jerry, 2nd; vote: 3-0.
11. Bill Frenier has turned in his letter of resignation to the Cemetery Committee on August 22, 2009. Bill will be sadly missed and we thank him for volunteering.
12. George moved to adjourn at 2:03 pm.; Jerry 2nd, vote 3-0
George D. Richardson, Jr. Gerald A. Bodmer Ross Norton