BOARD OF SELECTMEN, ASSESSORS AND OVERSEERS MEETING
Selectmen: George D. Richardson, Jr., Gerald A. Bodmer and Ross Norton
Citizens: Ben & Sandra Crehore, Chuck Richardson, Dianne Richardson/Roberts and
Guests: Judy Pritchett and Charlotte Boynton of Wiscasset Newspaper
1. Selectman George D. Richardson, Jr. called the meeting to order at 12:10 pm.
2. Warrant: The warrant was reviewed and George motioned to approve Warrant No.12 for $7,025.77; Ross, 2nd; vote: 3-0.
3. Minutes: The minutes of the August 31 & September 14, 2009 meetings were reviewed. George motioned to accept as written; Jerry, 2nd; vote: 3-0
4. Correspondence: George motioned to approve sending a thank you response to George Powell’s letter of acceptance regarding the recent changes that were recommended at the Ferry Landing project. A copy will be sent to Pine Tree Engineering and the Ferry Landing Committee; Jerry, 2nd; vote: 3-0
5. Citizens issues: Teresa Richardson, representing her mother Deirdre Dunlop, presented a letter written to Richard Baker, the Shoreland Zoning Coordinator at the DEP “against the Town of Westport Island for failing to enforce properly its “Shoreland Zoning Ordinance”. She provided copies to the Selectmen but asked that 1st Selectman George Richardson, Jr. be recused from the reading to the Selectmen of the letter. George made a motion to obtain a legal opinion as to the proper procedure on the letter, but recused himself from voting; Jerry, 2nd; vote: 2-0
6. Abatements: George motioned to abate the following Real Estate:
Taxpayer Map/Lot Abatement
Evelyn Shuman 1/66 Personal Prop $41.03
KehailPoint Owners’Assoc. 2/27.5 Personal Prop $23.41
Jerry 2nd; vote: 3-0
George moved to adjourn at 1:00 pm.; Jerry, 2nd; vote: 3-0
George D. Richardson, Jr. Gerald A. Bodmer Ross Norton