BOARD OF SELECTMEN, ASSESSORS AND OVERSEERS MEETING
Board members: George D. Richardson, Jr., Brenda Bonyun and Ross Norton
Citizen: John Nelson
Guests: Charlotte Boynton of Wiscasset Newspaper and Bob Fairfield
1. The meeting was called to order at 7:06 p.m.
2. Warrant No. 18 for $16,289.09 was reviewed. George moved to approve; Brenda, 2nd; vote: 3-0.
3. George made a motion to approve the minutes of October 27, 2008 with an amendment on Item No. 13 (the word pipe changed to culvert). Ross seconded the motion; vote: 3-0.
4. There are 2 vacancies on the Planning Board. Dorothy Malone and David Spiegel resigned. George sent thank you cards for their community service.
5. George moved to appoint Victoria Hibbard as an alternate to the Planning Board; Brenda, 2nd; vote: 3-0. Brenda moved to appoint John Wallace as an alternate to the Planning Board; George, 2nd; vote: 3-0.
6. George moved to appoint Ken Shepherd and Chris Webber as regular members to the Planning Board. Brenda seconded the motion; vote: 3-0.
Town received word from Ron Harrison that he will not load the town’s surplus
road sand for free. Ross will call the
sheriff’s office for advice on taking pictures of the town sand on the
Cove LLC abatements for the 2008 tax year were approved at the October 27, 2008
meeting but were omitted from the minutes.
Map 5/Lot RC15: $1,266.83;
9. E-mail was received from Dick DeVries postponing the Budget Committee meeting until Nov. 11, 2008 at the regular time.
10. The selectmen received the groundwater report from the ad hoc committee.
11. Angela Trombley visited the Town Office about the rental of the Town Hall with a counter-offer of $20.00 per day, 1 day per week. Classes will run from December 8, 2008 to January 12, 2009. The board reviewed her offer. Brenda made a motion to charge $25.00 per day for the 6 weeks; George, 2md; vote: 3-0.
12. George asked for advice on the town mapping project and the use of owner names. MMA advised the town to make its own policy. The board will review.
13. Brenda moved to call Ron French to look at the boiler at the Town Office; Ross, 2nd; vote: 3-0.
selectmen received an invitation to an informal breakfast meeting at the
15. George moved to adjourn at 8:27 p.m.; Brenda, 2nd; vote: 3-0.
George D. Richardson, Jr.
Brenda J. Bonyun