BOARD OF SELECTMEN, ASSESSORS AND OVERSEERS MEETING
Selectmen: George D. Richardson, Jr., Gerald A. Bodmer and Ross Norton
Citizens: Art Ballard, Mary Ellen Barnes and Richard DeVries
Guests: Charlotte Boynton of Wiscasset Newspaper
1. Selectman George D. Richardson, Jr. called the meeting to order at
2. Warrant: The warrant was reviewed and George motioned to approve Warrant No.22 for $4,424.51; Ross, 2nd; vote: 3-0.
3. Minutes: The minutes of the Nov.16, 2009 meeting were reviewed. George motioned to accept as written; Ross, 2nd; vote: 3-0
4. Citizens Issues: Mary Ellen Barnes reported to the Selectmen that she, representing the Vault Committee, was in the process of applying for a $500.00 “in kind” grant (with a small amount of matching funds from the History Committee) to use potentially for a consultant to advise on the better and future use of our two current records storage areas (Town Hall & Town Office) as well as the possibility of purchasing a $200.00+ data logger and software for observing temperature and humidity. The selectmen all agreed that she should continue with the grant application.
5. MMA Risk Management Disability Insurance: George advised that he sent the current list of Committee Members and appointments to the MMA Risk Management group for disability insurance.
6. MMA Employees Trust Income Protection Plan: George motioned to send a letter to the MMA Employees Health Trust advising that Town employees Dedee Greenleaf Hodgdon and Susan Partelow be added to the Income Protection Plan via payroll deduction: Ross, 2nd; vote: 3-0.
7. Troubh Heisler Attorney Chris Neagle: George motioned to send a response to Chris Neagle letter regarding the McNamara Foundation appeal and the Selectmen’s decision not to pursue the motion filed in January 2007; Jerry, 2nd; vote: 3-0.
8. Map 2,
9. Map 6,
10. Map 4,
12. Town Office Community Room Use: George discussed Brenda Bonyun’s request to use of the Town Hall for a family gathering from 4 p.m. until midnight on December 19, 2009. Ross motioned to waive the $50.00 fee due to the volunteer work that she does for the Town including Deputy General Assistant Case Administrator; George, 2nd; vote: 3-0
13. Appointment: George motioned to appoint Donna Gregory to the Board of Appeals for three years (Nov. 5, 2012); Jerry, 2nd; vote: 3-0.
14. Meeting Adjourned:
George moved to adjourn at 1:55 p.m.; Ross, 2nd; vote: 3-0.
George D. Richardson, Jr.
Gerald A. Bodmer