BOARD OF SELECTMEN, ASSESSORS AND OVERSEERS MEETING
Board members: George D. Richardson, Jr., Brenda Bonyun and Ross Norton
Citizens: Mary Ellen Barnes, Bill Cooney, Dennis Dunbar and Ruth Nelson
1. The meeting was called to order at 7:05 p.m.
2. George motioned to approve Warrant No. 23 for $24,284.04; Ross, 2nd; vote: 3-0.
3. George moved to approve the minutes of the December 1, 2008 meeting as written; Ross, 2nd; vote: 3-0.
4. The Selectman drafted a letter to be sent to Ron Harrison concerning the town owned sand.
5. Mary Ellen Barnes, of the History Committee, asked the B.O.S. to set up a committee to explore building an addition to the Town Office. It could include a vault for town records as well as space for storing and displaying history items.
6. There will be a meeting on Sunday, December 14, 2008 at 9:00 a.m. with Gene Huskins to discuss the appeal by Rum Cove LLC regarding tree growth.
7. The Budget Committee on Tuesday has been canceled. The next meeting will be January 6, 2009 at 7:00 p.m.
8. The Selectmen will draft a policy regarding tax mapping on Monday, December 15, 2008.
9. Rum Cove LLC has requested an assessment review with the State Board of Property Tax Review.
10. The B.O.S. discussed having a potluck supper at the Town Hall sometime this winter to thank all the volunteers on all the committees for their work.
11. The Merrymeeting Bay Triad and Elder Abuse Taskforce is a group that helps elderly people with many everyday troubles such as driver safety, insurance/investment fraud, scams, identity theft, and Meals on Wheels. They will also call people daily to insure they are all right. Anyone interested in helping set this program up can call Brenda or the HRC.
12. George moved to adjourn at 8:51 p.m.; Brenda, 2nd; vote: 3-0.
George D. Richardson, Jr. Brenda J. Bonyun Ross Norton