BOARD OF SELECTMEN, ASSESSORS AND OVERSEERS MEETING
Board members: George D. Richardson, Jr. and Brenda J. Bonyun (Jack Swanton was on
vacation) A quorum was present.
Citizens: Mary Ellen Barnes, Ben Crehore, Mike Cromwell, Rhonda Cromwell, Dennis Dunbar, John Nelson and Ruth Nelson.
Guest: Danielia Colburn
1. George called the meeting to order at 7:06 p.m.
2. Warrant # 27 for $35,296.59 was presented. George moved to sign provided the necessary signatures of the School Board were obtained for the school warrants; Brenda, 2nd; Vote: 2-0.
3. Minutes of the December 20, 2006 meeting were reviewed. George moved to approve as written; Brenda, 2nd; Vote: 2-0.
4. The Board signed a thank you letter to Linda Davis and Richard DeVries for their generous contribution to the mailing of the Human Resource Committee newsletter.
5. Chief Mooney reported the final cost for CPR training for the town office staff would be $25.00 per person.
6. George reported he had contacted North East Security about their bill for $105 which he believed was due to an error on their part. The company concurred with George and agreed to waive the entire bill.
7. The Board has received a letter of resignation from Town Clerk-Registrar of Voters Linda Davis. They agreed it was only with regret they would accept her resignation as she has provided outstanding service to the Town of Westport Island. George moved to accept; Brenda, 2nd; Vote: 2-0. Brenda will write a thank you letter from the Board.
8. Brenda read a letter of recommendation from Linda Davis in support of hiring Michelle Chartier to continue in her positions. She also read a resume from Michelle. There was some discussion of the appointment of Michelle as new Town Clerk-Registrar of Voters. George motioned to appoint Michelle to the position; Brenda, 2nd; Vote: 2-0.
9. Dennis Dunbar spoke for the Conservation Commission. He is seeking help recruiting members. George suggested Jack could add it to the town web site. Brenda offered to place a notice in the newspaper column.
motioned to approve a $5.35 plus interest abatement on Map 7,
11. The B.O.S. received three estimates from Bill Cooney for contractors to work on the Town Hall floors. Dave’s Floor Sanding was the lowest. Bill recommends them based on past work. Brenda motioned to contract with them for the work for $1693.25; George, 2nd; Vote 2-0.
12. George discussed the idea of going to the Board of Appeals about the Planning Board’s setting two criteria for the Wright Property development. It was decided to table the idea until the B.O.S. has conferred with Attorney Bill Dale.
13. George motioned to adjourn at 8:25 p.m.; Brenda, 2nd; Vote: 2-0.
George D. Richardson, Jr.
Brenda J. Bonyun