BOARD OF SELECTMEN, ASSESSORS AND OVERSEERS MEETING
Board members present: George D. Richardson Jr. and Reggie Lee
Citizens present: Bill Cooney, Ben Crehore, Carole & Dennis Dunbar, Ruth & John Nelson and
Guests present: Jocelyn Smith of Wiscasset Newspaper
1. George called the meeting to order at 7:05 p.m.
2. Reviewed Warrant No. 27 dated January 4, 2006 for $27,343.28. Reggie motioned to accept; George, 2nd; vote: 2-0.
3. Reviewed Board of Selectmen meeting minutes of December 21, 2005. George motioned to accept; Reggie, 2nd; vote: 2-0.
4. Bill Cooney – Board of
Selectmen signed letter to State of
5. Reviewed letter from Board of Selectmen to Philip B. Vigue, dated January 4, 2006, requesting pricing for an audit for the 6 month fiscal period from 1/1/05 – 6/30/05 and also for the 12 month fiscal year from 7/1/05 – 6/30/06.
6. Board of Selectmen noted that E. Davies Allan has contributed $1,000.00 to the Westport Island Community Association.
7. Town of Westport Island received a $1,000.00 gift from the Dorothy Doggett Trust conveyed through Soule, Soule and Logan.
8. Marianne Williams – asked if the town has the funds to replace the flag at the north end of the island. Funds will be taken out of the contingency account.
9. Reviewed letters to the Board of Selectmen from Troubh, Heisler, etal, dated January 3 and January 4, 2006, regarding the McNamara Foundation appeal.
10. Whitney/Axelrad abatement request – A reconstructed property tax card has been mailed.
11. Andrew Anderson – Eugene Huskins, CMA, and
12. Board of Selectmen reviewed a request from Dedee and Linda to attend a computer workshop at $39.00/person. Reggie motioned to authorize; George, 2nd; vote: 2-0.
13. Reviewed MMA workshop on
budgeting and warrant articles – cost $50.00 on February 8, 2006 at
14. George motioned to mail
X-Press Copy of Portland, ME, a copy of the
15. George moved to adjourn the meeting at 8:46 p.m.
George D. Richardson, Jr.
Reginald J. Lee