BOARD OF SELECTMEN, ASSESSORS AND OVERSEERS MEETING
Board members: George D. Richardson, Jr. and Brenda J. Bonyun
Citizens: Bill Cooney and Ben Crehore
Guests: Charlotte Boynton of the Wiscasset Newspaper and Robert Fairfield of Wiscasset;
Kayla Cummings and James Richardson, of
1. George called the meeting to order at 7:00 p.m.
2. Warrant No. 28 for $9,225.82 was presented. George moved to approve; Brenda, 2nd, vote: 2-0.
3. A letter from Giles Rubbish was reviewed. They are increasing fees $0.50 due to the increased fuel costs.
4. Citizen Issues:
A. Bill Cooney reported that the new lights on the outside of the Town Hall illuminate the front of the building nicely.
B. The Town Hall Committee wants to purchase 4 additional 8 ft. tables at $70.00 each. George moved to approve; Brenda, 2nd; vote: 2-0.
C. Dennis Dunbar:
2. CEI and a group of concerned citizens met to discuss how to work in a positive way with Wiscasset regarding the Maine Yankee site to determine how to help plan what to do with that asset. If this fails, to determine how surrounding communities can protect themselves (will work with legislators).
6. George motioned to adjourn at 7:20 p.m.; Brenda, 2nd; vote: 2-0.
George D. Richardson, Jr. Brenda J. Bonyun