BOARD OF SELECTMEN, ASSESSORS AND OVERSEERS MEETING
Board members: George D. Richardson, Jr., Brenda J. Bonyun, John B. Swanton
Citizens: Art Ballard, Mary Ellen Barnes, Bill Cooney, Ben Crehore, John and Ruth Nelson, and Micki Smith.
1. George called the meeting to order at 7:00 p.m.
2. Warrant No. 28 for $19,162.37 was reviewed. George moved to approve; Brenda, 2nd; vote: 3-0.
3. George moved to approve an additional $261.78 for work completed beyond the scope of the bid submitted by Dave’s Floor Sanding at the Town Hall. Brenda seconded the motion; vote: 3-0.
4. George moved to approve the minutes of the January 3, 2007 meeting; Brenda, 2nd; vote: 2-0-1 (Jack abstained since he was not present at the meeting.)
5. Bill Cooney reviewed the Town Hall grant payments and remaining work to be done. Besides some additional sealing of the floors, there is some cleaning needed.
6. Ruth Nelson said that Judy Hughes expressed an interest in working with the Cemetery Committee.
7. Art Ballard reported on the results of the Wright property survey. Analysis and further study are on-going.
8. Bob Mooney reported plans are moving ahead on setting a date for the CPR training for town officials.
9. A letter, accepting with regret the retirement of Town Clerk Linda Davis and thanking her for her years of service, was signed by the Board of Selectmen.
10. A letter accepting the resignation of Jeffrey Hinderliter from the Planning Board was signed by the Board of Selectmen.
11. A letter from Judy Bebout resigning from the Human Resource Committee was received.
12. George moved to ask Attorney Neagle to submit a motion to amend; Brenda, 2nd; vote: 2-1. Jack voted against the request because, while the motion to amend raised valid points, he thought that the town should not continue to spend money on a case it was likely to lose in the end.
13. The submerged lands lease for the Ferry Road Town Landing was granted by the State to run from December 29, 2006 to December 31, 2035. George signed the lease on behalf of the town.
14. The Board signed the State Evaluation Return for 2006.
15. Brenda requested to attend the General Assistance training session on February 8, 2007 for $55.00. Jack moved to approve; George, 2nd; vote: 3-0.
16. The new Town Clerk office hours are 4-8 p.m. on Tuesdays and Thursdays, and by appointment.
17. George moved to adjourn at 10:10 p.m.; Jack, 2nd; vote: 3-0.
George D. Richardson, Jr.
Brenda J. Bonyun
John B. Swanton