BOARD OF SELECTMEN, ASSESSORS AND OVERSEERS MEETING
Board of Selectmen:† George D. Richardson, Jr., Brenda J. Bonyun and John B. Swanton
Citizens:† Bill Cooney, Ben Crehore, Norma Dreyfus, Dennis Dunbar and Ruth Nelson
Guest:† Charlotte Boynton of the Wiscasset Newspaper
1. George called the meeting to order at 7:10 p.m.
2. Warrant No. 29 for $27,623.35 was reviewed. George moved to approve; Jack, 2nd; vote: 3-0
3. George moved to approve the minutes of the January 10, 2007 meeting; Brenda, 2nd; vote: 3-0
4. Citizensí Issues:
A. †Bill Cooney reported the floors of the Town Hall are finished and look nice.† The Town Hall Committee met to brainstorm ideas for the next project. Ideas included work on the balcony, cleaning, an alarm system, and tables.
†B. Dennis Dunbar had three issues:
1. † The school subsidy committee has approximately 75 letters for George to sign.
2. † Reference the Budget Committee:† Dennis asked when town meeting would be and was told no date has been set. He also asked when papers would be ready for persons interested in running for the committee. †He was answered probably early April.
3. † Dennis prepared and presented a briefing on the Town of Westport Island 2006 Interim Reassessment.† The B.O.S. listened to his ideas from 7:58 -9:05p.m.† George asked Dennis if he is a Certified Maine Assessor. Dennis stated that he is not. A copy of his report can be viewed at the town office.
C. Bob Mooney reported there are 14 volunteer members to be covered by insurance.
5.† George motioned we appoint Judy Hughes to the Cemetery Committee. Jack seconded the motion; vote: 3-0
6.† The B.O.S. decided to table appointments to the Conservation Commission until Dennis Dunbar has a list of terms.
7.† The Board signed a letter to Judy Bebout thanking her for her service on the Human Resource Committee.
8.† Jack presented a letter written to Deirdre Dunlop explaining property re-evaluations. Jack moved to sign; Brenda, 2nd. George recused himself as she is his sister.
9.† Jack presented a letter written to Diane and Brian Dunlop answering their tax questions.† Jack moved to sign; Brenda, 2nd. ††George recused himself as she is his sister.
10. Jack reported Ron Harrison has requested more salt and sand as he has already used ††half of the stock pile.† Jack will visit Ron and check the stockpiles.
† Meeting Adjourned:
11. George moved to adjourn at 9:45 p.m.; Jack 2nd; vote: 3-0
George D. Richardson, Jr.
Brenda J. Bonyun
John B. Swanton