BOARD OF SELECTMEN, ASSESSORS AND OVERSEERS MEETING
Board members: George D. Richardson, Jr., Brenda J. Bonyun and John B. Swanton
Citizens: Dennis Dunbar, John Nelson and Mary Plummer-Stead
Guests:† † Charlotte
Boynton of the Wiscasset Newspaper and Lynn Orne, candidate for
1.† George called the meeting to order at 7:10 p.m.†
2.† Warrant No. 30 for $6,644.20 was presented.† George moved to accept all but the $65.98 Copy Shop bill as the invoice was not included.† Brenda seconded the motion; vote: 3-0.† Provisional acceptance of The Copy Shop invoice was included and the check will be signed when the invoice is presented.
3. † George moved to accept the minutes of January 7, 2008.† Brenda seconded the motion; vote: 2-0.† Jack abstained as he was not present at that meeting.††
4. Lynn Orne introduced
herself as a candidate for
5. Dennis Dunbar spoke regarding the upcoming Democratic caucus on February 10th.
6.†† The following people were chosen to be asked to serve on a road committee:† †Garry Cromwell, Ken Murray, Ron Harrison, Jason Albert and Jim Cromwell.† Reggie Lee and Mary Plummer-Stead will be asked to serve as alternates.
7. The Harbor Committee is being asked to draft an ordinance to control moorings around the island and off the Wright Ferry landing.† The Board of Selectmen is asking the Harbor Committee to meet with the Wright Landing Committee and the Harbor Master to work on this and other issues.
8. John Nelson and Dennis Dunbar spoke of the Conservation Commissionís interest in having some wells tested for salt and septic contamination.
9. A letter from the State Planning Office concerning hazardous material handling was passed on to the Conservation Commission for answering.
10. Brenda asked to be supported in attending a February 8th Basic Municipal Budgeting Workshop sponsored by MMA at a cost of $50 each.† George moved to approve her and one member of the Budget Committee; Jack, 2nd; vote: 3-0.
11. George motioned to adjourn at 8:52 p.m.; Brenda, 2nd; vote: 3-0.†
George D. Richardson, Jr.††††††††††††††††††††† †††††††††††††††††††††††
Brenda J. Bonyun
John B. Swanton