BOARD OF SELECTMEN, ASSESSORS AND OVERSEERS MEETING
Board of Selectmen: George D. Richardson, Jr., Brenda J. Bonyun and John B. Swanton
Citizens: Bill Cooney, Ben Crehore, Richard Deschaine, Dennis Dunbar, Debra & Ron Harrison and Ruth Nelson
Guest: Charlotte Boynton of the Wiscasset Newspaper
1. George called the meeting to order at 7:15 p.m. A quorum was present.
2. Warrant No. 30 for $38,711.93 was reviewed. George moved to approve; Brenda, 2nd; vote: 3-0
3. The minutes of the January 17, 2007 meeting were reviewed. George moved to approve with one small amendment; Jack, 2nd; vote: 3-0
4. Bill Cooney reported on the Town Hall project. Resurfacing the balcony is being bid on. Many of the old electrical appliances will be discarded. The un-chipped dishes and bowls will be kept, washed and mouse-proof storage containers be obtained. New tables have been purchased and the old kitchen table will be discarded. Next Tuesday at 9:00 a.m., the committee will meet to decide what should go. The selectmen are invited.
5. Ron Harrison asked that we check on the 100
yards of sand he delivered to G&D 2 years ago. His request for more salt was discussed and
George agreed to contact Morton Salt to see if they can deliver a triaxle load. Ron asked
that the ditch across
6. Dennis Dunbar has 53 more letters for George’s signature that are going to other coastal towns concerning the school funding formula.
7. A letter from John R. Caswell thanking the BOS for their good work concerning his re-assessment was received.
8. Jack moved to authorize George to negotiate a CD to invest the Wright property grant funds and accrued interest with The First, N.A. that has a 4.88% interest rate (APR of 5%) and can be withdrawn without penalty in 6 or 7 months . Brenda seconded the motion; vote: 3-0
9. George moved to appoint Linda Davis to the Human Resource Committee; Jack, 2nd;
10. Appointments to Conservation Commission:
Bill Hopkins, until 2010: George moved; Brenda, 2nd; vote: 3-0
Sandra Hopkins, until 2009: Brenda moved; Jack, 2nd; vote: 3-0
Marianne Williams, until 2008: Jack moved; Brenda, 2nd; vote: 3-0
11. Assessment letters were signed for:
Cynthia J. Hodgkins
Paul M. Joyce
Laurel A. Beer
12. An abatement was signed for Cynthia J. Hodgkins, Map 2 Lot 4.
13. The list of FOAA requests made to the town between 10/28/06 and 1/18/07 was
14. Jack moved that $20.00 be the cutoff for supplemental tax bills that resulted from errors in the Newburgh Associates assessing program and caused omissions in assessed value.
15. George moved to approve Newburgh Associates sending 2006 supplemental assessments and tax bills to property owners that were affected by the errors in their assessing program. Newburgh Associates will pay the postage for the tax bills. Brenda seconded the motion; vote: 3-0
16. George moved to adjourn at 9:58 p.m.; Brenda, 2nd; vote: 3-0
George D. Richardson, Jr.
Brenda J. Bonyun
John B. Swanton