Board of Selectmen, Assessors and Overseers Meeting
January 31, 2011
Selectmen: George D. Richardson, Jr., Gerald A. Bodmer and Ross A. Norton
Citizens: Bill Cooney, Ben Crehore, Dennis Dunbar and Ruth Nelson
Guests: Charlotte Boynton (Wiscasset Newspaper) and Robert Fairfield
1. George called the meeting to order at 7:00 p.m.
2. Warrant: George motioned to approve Warrant No. 32, for a total of $43,718.29;
(Payroll - $1,210.38 and Payables - $42,507.91); Ross, 2nd; vote: 3-0.
3. Minutes: The minutes of the January 24, 2011 meeting were reviewed. George motioned to accept the minutes as written; Jerry, 2nd; vote: 3-0.
4. Citizen Issues:
A. Dennis Dunbar discussed with the BOS his
findings from reviewing the Audit Results for
B. Bill Cooney requested $270.00 to purchase a new two door metal file cabinet (36”W by 72”T by18”D) for the records kept at the Town Hall. George motioned to allow the purchase; Ross, 2nd; vote: 3-0.
Nelson advised the BOS that the Planning Board was scheduled to meet next
Tuesday (2/8) to continue with Bub Greenleaf’s site plan review for his
5. Appointments: George motioned to appoint the following:
A. Conservation Commission - Sandra Hopkins to a three year term ending 02/02/14;
Jerry, 2nd; vote: 3-0.
B. Budget Committee - Stanley Lane to finish out the term of Richard DeVries (Alternate) ending 06/24/11; Jerry, 2nd; vote: 2-0.
6. Dates for Town Elections and Meeting: George motioned to approve the date for Town Elections and any local referendum questions of June 24th starting at 10:00 AM and the Annual Town Meeting to June 25th starting at 9:00 AM; Ross, 2nd; vote: 3-0.
7. Wright Landing Committee Ordinance: The BOS discussed and revised the draft of the Wright Landing Committee Ordinance provided by David Spiegel and Art Ballard. Jerry offered to rewrite with revisions and provide it back to the BOS for further consideration.
8. Town Emergency Generator: Jerry advised that the Emergency Generator is now up and running and ready for emergency use for the Town Office
9. George moved to adjourn the meeting at 9:00 PM; Ross, 2nd; vote: 3-0.
George D. Richardson, Jr., 1st Selectman
Gerald A. Bodmer, 2nd Selectman
Ross A. Norton, 3rd Selectman