BOARD OF SELECTMEN, ASSESSORS AND OVERSEERS MEETING
Board members: George D. Richardson, Jr., Brenda J. Bonyun and John B. Swanton
Citizens: Ben & Sandra Crehore, Dennis Dunbar and Mary Plummer-Stead; some members of the Budget Committee joined for discussion on Item 4
Guests: Jay McIntyre, Wiscasset Superintendent of Schools, Charlotte Boynton of the Wiscasset Newspaper and Robert Fairfield of Wiscasset
1. George called the meeting to order at 7:04 p.m. A quorum was present.
2. George moved to approve the minutes of the January 28, 2008 meeting; Jack, 2nd; vote 3-0.
3. George read the schedule of upcoming school consolidation meetings (RSU).
Dunbar gave a report of the RSU Finance Committee. Jay McIntyre and Sandra Crehore
joined in the discussion. Occasional
attendance at the Thursday evening RSU meetings by members of the Board of
Selectmen was encouraged. Jay also said
he appreciated the calls from Ron Harrison on mornings when the weather was
inclement informing him of the road conditions on
5. Warrant No. 32 for $24,159.43 was presented. George moved to approve; Brenda, 2nd; vote: 3-0.
6. Appointments to the Road Committee were signed for: Mary Plummer-Stead, William Frenier, Reginald Lee, Jason Abbott, Kenneth Murray, Garry Cromwell, Ronald Harrison.
6. George motioned to adjourn at 7:38 p.m.; Jack, 2nd; vote: 3-0.
George D. Richardson, Jr. Brenda J. Bonyun John B. Swanton