BOARD OF SELECTMEN, ASSESSORS AND OVERSEERS MEETING
Board members present: George D. Richardson Jr., Reggie Lee and Jack Swanton
Citizens present: Bill Cooney, Carole Dunbar, Albert and Barbara Greenleaf, Ron and Deborah Harrison and Marianne Williams
Guest present: Jocelyn Smith of Wiscasset Newspaper
1. George called the meeting to order at 7:05 p.m.
2. Reviewed Warrant No 32, dated February 8, 2006, for $57,176.69. Jack motioned to accept; Reggie, 2nd; vote: 3-0., 2nd; vote: 3-0.
3. Reviewed Board of Selectmen meeting minutes of February 1, 2006. George motioned to accept; Reggie, 2nd; vote: 3-0.
4. Carole Dunbar proposed that the town elections be held on the same date as the state elections; i.e.: June 13, 2006. Jack motioned to change the town election date from June 23, 2006 to June 13, 2006; Reggie, 2nd; vote: 3-0.
5. Bill Cooney: Town Hall issues
6. Board of Selectmen addressed Ron Harrison’s snow removal of town roads.
7. George motioned to approve the Wiscasset Transfer Station contract from July 1, 2005 to June 30, 2006 in the amount of $66,155.00. Jack seconded the motion; vote 3-0. The contract was signed.
8. Reviewed letter from Troubh Heisler to the Board of Selectmen dated February 2, 2006, regarding Rich Elliot’s (attorney representing McNamara Foundation) opposition to Chris Neagle’s recent motion filed by McNamara Foundation.
9. Reviewed letter from Maine Department
of Conservation regarding the received application of a 30-year submerged lands
lease of John and Laurel Spear of
10. Reviewed letter from the Maine Emergency Management Agency to Board of Selectmen dated January 30, 2006, regarding funding for the period March 28, 2005 to May 3, 2005 flood events.
11. Reviewed Adelphia Communications Corporation bankruptcy status.
12. Reggie motioned to table the building cap public hearing tentatively scheduled for February 21, 2006 to a later date. More research needs to be done. George seconded the motion; vote: 3-0.
13. At 8:51 p.m. George moved to adjourn the meeting. Reggie seconded the motion; vote: 3-0. The meeting was adjourned.
George D. Richardson, Jr.
Reginald J. Lee
John B. Swanton