BOARD OF SELECTMEN, ASSESSORS AND OVERSEERS MEETING
Board members: George D. Richardson, Jr., Brenda J. Bonyun and John B. Swanton
Citizens: † Mary Ellen Barnes and Ben Crehore
1.† George called the meeting to order at 7:10 p.m.†
2. Warrant No. 36 for $4,687.51 was reviewed.† †George moved to approve; Brenda, 2nd; vote: 3-0.
3. George moved to approve Todd Nichols appointment to the Road Committee.† Jack seconded the motion; vote: 3-0.† (Ken Murray has stated he canít be on the committee but would happily be a consultant.)
4. The minutes of the February 18, 2008 meeting were reviewed.† George moved to approve with the correction of a typo.† Brenda seconded the motion; vote: 3-0.†
5. George motioned to reschedule the postponed pier hearing at Map 1 Lot 2.2 to 9:00 a.m., March 8th.† †Jack seconded the motion; vote: 3-0.
6. The B.O.S. will send a reply to the Rebieroís stating their information has been given to the C.M.A. †
7. The invoice from Newburgh Associates was discussed.† The B.O.S. will research what was specifically accomplished the meeting on December 2, 2007 and take it up again after formulating a letter.† This item was tabled for now.
8. The Selectmen will set a date for a special town meeting to seek authorization for the B.O.S. to fund property tax abatements from overlay and then from surplus if overlay is insufficient.
9. George visited the Maine Bond Bank to gather information on interest rates:† 5 years - 3-3.25%; 10 years - 3.5-3.75% for the sand/salt facility if it is approved.
6. George moved to adjourn at 8:17 p.m.; Jack, 2nd; vote: 3-0.†
George D. Richardson, Jr.††††††††††††††††††††† †††††††††††
Brenda J. Bonyun††††††††††††††††††††† †††††††††
John B. Swanton