BOARD OF SELECTMEN, ASSESSORS AND OVERSEERS MEETING
Selectmen: George D. Richardson, Jr., Gerald A. Bodmer and Ross Norton
Citizens: Richard DeVries, Patricia Mendes and Ruth Nelson
Boynton of Wiscasset Newspaper and John Maguire of
1. George called the meeting to order at 12:08 p.m.
2. Warrant: The warrant was reviewed and George motioned to approve Warrant No. 36 for $7,964.95; Jerry, 2nd; vote: 3-0.
3. Minutes: The minutes of the March 1, 2010 meeting were reviewed. George motioned to accept as written; Ross, 2nd; vote: 2-0. Jerry abstained as he was not present at that meeting.
4. Citizens Issues: Patricia Mendes discussed two issues:
A. She suggested
that the Selectmen start a citizens’ petition to send to the DOT requesting
road repair and paving for the
B. Patti provided a letter from “Westport taxpayers” stating that they (quote) “ask that no further tax dollars be squandered on legal issues” regarding George Richardson III’s building permit for property on Jewett Cove. She further requested to know the amount of money spent by the Town regarding the property. George Richardson requested that the Town Treasurer provide her that information.
2010 Town Meeting: George motioned to set the dates for the 2010
6. Appointments: George motioned to appoint the following to Lincoln County Regional Planning Commission:
Citizens: Richard Gray as a representative and Ruth Nelson as an alternate.
Selectmen: George Richardson as a representative & Ross Norton as an alternate
Ross seconded the motion; vote: 3-0.
7. Selectmen’s Computer Update: Ross discussed his research regarding the need for a portable hard drive to be used to “clean” the memory on the computer in the Selectmen’s office rather than purchase a new replacement computer. The portable hard drive could then be kept as a “tool” for future similar functions. After “cleaning”, Ross suggested that we look at adding additional hard drive memory to upgrade the computer.
8. George moved to adjourn at 01: 30 p.m.; Ross, 2nd; vote: 3-0
George D. Richardson, Jr.
Gerald A. Bodmer