BOARD OF SELECTMEN, ASSESSORS AND OVERSEERS MEETING
Board members: George D. Richardson, Jr., Brenda J. Bonyun and Ross Norton
Citizens: Bill Cooney, Mario DePietro, Dennis Dunbar, Ruth Nelson
Guests: Charlotte Boynton of the Wiscasset Newspaper
and Greg Foster of the
1. The meeting was convened at 12:00 p.m.
2. Bill Cooney discussed the following re: the Town Hall: The problem with the electrical box and power cable; the possibility of buying lighter tables which would be easier to move around; putting a larger flag on the flag pole in the summer; and having the building professionally cleaned.
3. Dennis Dunbar reported that the Conservation Commission made approximately 200-250 windows for the 2008 winter season, and they are looking for grants to fund 2009 winter season for low-income families.
4. Ruth Nelson asked about replacing the round tables in the Senior Citizens’ Center with lighter rectangular ones easier to move for “mature people”. The Community Association has offered to purchase 1 - 4 ft. and 1 - 8 ft. table. George moved to approve the purchase; Brenda, 2nd; vote: 3-0. Bill Cooney volunteered to get the tables.
5. George motioned to approve Warrant No. 36 for $24,466.32; Brenda, 2nd; vote: 3-0.
6. George moved to approve the B.O.S. minutes of March 2, 2009; Brenda, 2nd; vote: 3-0.
7. The Lincoln County Registry of Deeds sent a letter asking the town to have a link to the Registry put on our website.
8. Robert Mooney submitted his resignation as Director of Emergency effective March 31, 2009 for personal reasons. Roger Higgins, Deputy, has offered to assume the duties as Director.
9. Deborah Foss asked to use the Senior Citizens’ Center for a bridal shower on April 11. George moved to ask for donations to use the Senior Citizens’ Center; Ross, 2nd; vote: 3-0.
10. A request for funds for training a Wiscasset resident who is on the Westport Volunteer Fire Dept. was discussed. George moved to decline; Brenda, 2nd; vote: 3-0.
11. George motioned to table any action on the Ron Harrison issue until the March 16th meeting; Brenda, 2nd; vote: 3-0.
12. The town received notification from the state that it plans on paving its portion of Route 144 this year with a 5/8” coat.
A public notice
was in the Lincoln County News for a pier, ramp and float permit hearing for
14. George motioned to adjourn at 1:24 p.m.; Brenda, 2nd; vote: 3-0. The meeting was adjourned.
George D. Richardson, Jr. Brenda J. Bonyun Ross Norton