BOARD OF SELECTMEN, ASSESSORS AND OVERSEERS MEETING
Board members: George D. Richardson, Jr., Brenda J. Bonyun and John B. Swanton
Citizens: Bill Cooney, Dennis Dunbar and Ruth & John Nelson
1. George called the meeting to order at 7:05 p.m. A quorum was present.
2. Warrant No. 40 for $4,207.77 was presented. George moved to accept; Brenda, 2nd; vote: 3-0.
3. Bill Cooney asked whether there would be notification when town reports are due. He was told yes. He said both sides of the Town Hall need washing, which could be done when the town office building was being done.
4. Dennis Dunbar reported that the RPC school board is working toward a workable solution that could be ready by the end of April.
5. Fire Chief Bob Mooney had an MMA application for training manuals to be signed and reported that the department has been updating its emergency procedures.
6. The Board of Selectmen called Joan Boyd and Ted Stiles to answer their letter asking about why they were being taxed for a 2nd lot when their lot cannot be divided. It was decided to discuss this with the CMA on Saturday.
7. A letter from Mark Cummings was reviewed. A response will be discussed with the CMA.
8. Abatements and Supplemental bills recommended by the Certified Maine Assessor, Gene Huskins, were approved as follows:
Frank Cromwell - $30.89 (additional abatements for 2005 & 2006 were also approved.)
Leo & Patricia Martin $ 0.00
Joseph & Carolyn Hoerth $628.18
Mark & Wendy Williams $273.99
Mario & Veronica DePietro $1,239.13
Lloyd & Nancy Bladow $802.04
Lois Mason $1,085.83
Susan & Jerry Partelow $53.00
Greenleaf Cove Association $0.00
Jeannine Hughes $666.58
Deborah Crawford $284.04
Gordon & Susan Richardson $0.00
John Stacy $0.00
Walter Greenleaf, Jr. $1,597.15
Richard & Joan Cook $1,238.21 (Total Abatements: $7,868.15)
Paul & Karen Joyce
Ronald & Barbara Rebeiro $ 31.80
Nancy Pullen $ 10.17 (Total Supplemental: $41.97)
9. Ron Harrison and Garry Cromwell would like to meet with the Board of Selectmen to discuss changes to the sand and salt shed design. Next Monday, April 7, 2008, at 6:30 p.m. will be scheduled if they can make it.
10. George moved to adjourn at 9:25 p.m.; Brenda, 2nd; vote: 3-0.
George D. Richardson, Jr.
Brenda J. Bonyun
John B. Swanton