BOARD OF SELECTMEN, ASSESSORS AND OVERSEERS MEETING
Board members: George D. Richardson, Jr., Brenda J. Bonyun and John B. Swanton
Citizens: Albert and Barbara Greenleaf, Dennis Dunbar, Ruth Nelson
Guest: Charlotte Boynton of the Wiscasset Newspaper
1. George called the meeting to order at 7:10 p.m.
2. Warrants 41 and 41A for a total of $19,013.24 were reviewed. George moved to approve following a check on the totals by Susan. Jack seconded the motion; vote 3-0.
3. Minutes from March 24th and March 31st were reviewed. George moved to approve as written; Brenda, 2nd; vote 3-0.
4. Citizens Issues:
A. Albert Greenleaf has a dispute with abutters regarding
property lines and
B.O.S. read a letter from James Cromwell regarding the issue of the property
5. Ruth Nelson reported on an upcoming Planning Board issue and stated she has noticed that the Budget Committee has scheduled additional meetings due to time constraints.
7. The B.O.S. reviewed Tom and Mary Lou Jacoby’s harvesting plan. Jack moved to have the First Selectman sign the plan. Brenda seconded the motion; vote: 3-0.
9. The B.O.S. discussed the following property abatements and supplemental tax bills:
Tom and Mary Lou Jacoby M2 L82 Abatement for $355.10
Lois Mason M2/L34 Abatement for $1,056.76
Connie Ostis M3/L57 Abatement for $1,364.75
Bruce Stedman M5/L30 Abatement: $91.47 plus (supplemental bill for cottage)
Deb Crawford M3/L28 Abatement $338.88 and Supplemental Bills $54.84
Barbara Rebeiro M4/L39 Supplemental Bill for $31.80 for extra bathroom.
The Mackies M/L75&76 for $0. They need to show a surveyor’s plan to
prove there is less waterfront than shown on their current tax card.
George motioned to grant these abatements and bill the supplementals; Jack, 2nd; vote 3-0.
10. The following Public Hearings have been noticed and set for Saturday, April 26th:
A. Jon Blaisdell, M2/L29 ramp and float 9:00 a.m.
B. Lydia Feeley Kitfield, M4/ Lots 41.1 and 53 ramp and float 9:30 a.m.
C. Richard Lorenson, M5/L23 ramp and float 10:15 a.m.
D. Brad Adler, M7/L16 pier, ramp, float 11:00 a.m.
11. The Board discussed proposed changes to the sand/salt facility suggested by the road committee. The B.O.S. will bring the changes to Pine Tree Engineering.
12. George moved to adjourn at 9:35 p.m.; Jack, 2nd; vote 3-0.
George D. Richardson, Jr.
Brenda J. Bonyun
John B. Swanton