BOARD OF SELECTMEN, ASSESSORS AND OVERSEERS MEETING
Board members: George D. Richardson, Jr., Brenda J. Bonyun and John B. Swanton
Citizens: Art Ballard, Bill Cooney, Ben Crehore, Dennis & Rhonda Cromwell, Richard DeVries,
Mort Mendes, Ruth Nelson and David & Carol Spiegel
Guests: Charlotte Boynton of the Wiscasset Newspaper
1. George called the meeting to order at 7:02 p.m.
2. Warrant No. 41 for $202,161.04 was presented. George moved to accept; Brenda, 2nd; Vote 3-0
3. The minutes from March 28, 2007 meeting were reviewed. George moved to approve as written; Jack, 2nd; Vote 3-0
4. Bill Cooney reported on the Town Hall:
5. Mort Mendes presented a list from Dennis Dunbar of 9 issues he would like to be on the Town Meeting Warrant in June. George moved to have the Board of Selectmen consider these points when we work on the warrant. Brenda seconded the motion; Vote: 3-0
6. Dates were made for abatement hearings for the following properties:
Kain property, Map 7,
Hodgkins/Williams property, Map 2,
Abatements for the following properties were approved:
7. A questionnaire about turning over 20% of our excise tax revenue to fix state-aid roads was reviewed. The B.O.S. answered no and signed the questionnaire.
8. George moved to approve the project agreement for the Clough Point Trail Project; Jack, 2nd;
Vote: 3-0. George signed the agreement for the Town.
9. George moved to have Susan prepare an answer
to Patti Mendes’ FOAA request about recent tax bills, regular and supplemental,
and number of taxable properties on
10. A letter from Pine Tree Engineering reporting on the expected maintenance costs of a public restroom facility was reviewed.
11. Dick DeVries asked for approval to speak before the State Legislative Rural Caucus concerning the findings of the School Subsidy Ad-Hoc Committee study. All B.O.S. members heartedly agreed.
12. George moved to adjourn at 9:20 p.m.; Brenda, 2nd; Vote: 3-0.
George D. Richardson, Jr.
Brenda J. Bonyun
John B. Swanton