BOARD OF SELECTMEN, ASSESSORS AND OVERSEERS MEETING
Board members: George D. Richardson, Jr. and Brenda J. Bonyun
Citizens: Mary Ellen Barnes, Dennis Dunbar and Ruth Nelson
Guest: Charlotte Boynton of the Wiscasset Newspaper and Bob Fairfield of Wiscasset
1. George called the meeting to order at 7:15 p.m.
2. Warrant No. 43 for $18,106.11 was presented. George moved to approve; Brenda, 2nd; vote 2-0.
3. Minutes of April 14, 2008 were reviewed. George moved to approve; Brenda, 2nd; vote 2-0.
4. B.O.S. will email the Sartoris’ to set up a date for an abatement hearing with our C.M.A. Email was invalid - George left voice mail for them to contact us for a date.
5. M7/L20: B.O.S. received an abatement request from Leo and Pat Martin.
6. Citizen’s Issues:
A. Mary Ellen Barnes proposed the B.O.S. create a History Committee that is independent of the conservation commission. George moved to appoint an Ad Hoc History Committee. Brenda seconded the motion; vote 2-0.
B. Dennis Dunbar gave an update on the school consolidation process.
A. George made a motion to give an abatement to Alexander Rogers for M6/L28 for $908.95 and to supplement John Lewis for the same; Brenda, 2nd; vote 2-0.
B. George moved to approve an abatement of $540.60 to Bob and Shelly Hartz for M6/L60.1; Brenda, 2nd; vote 2-0.
suggested the B.O.S. send
9. The B.O.S. wrote letters requesting mowing bids to Ron Harrison, G&D Cromwell; Randy Russell; John Wallace and Albert Greenleaf.
10. John Burhoe has requested a review of the size of his lot.
11. The B.O.S. has sent out a request to all boards, committees and commissions requesting they submit their reports to be published in the annual town report.
12. George moved to adjourn at 8:220 p.m.; Brenda, 2nd; vote 2-0.
George D. Richardson, Jr.
Brenda J. Bonyun