BOARD OF SELECTMEN, ASSESSORS AND OVERSEERS MEETING
Board members: George D. Richardson, Jr., Brenda J. Bonyun and John B. Swanton
Citizens: Ben Crehore, Norma Dreyfus, Dennis Dunbar, Ron Harrison and Bill Hopkins
Guest: Charlotte Boynton of the Wiscasset Newspaper
3. The minutes from April 1, 2007 were reviewed. George moved to accept them
as written; Brenda, 2nd; vote 3-0.
regarding the Clough Point project.
8. Norma Dreyfus and the B.O.S. have agreed on a date of May 21st before their request is deemed denied on their property assessment request for abatement.
9. The B.O.S. reviewed a letter to Mr. Powell reference the Back River Boat
Access and agreed to sign it. George moved to approve; Jack, 2nd ; vote 3-0.
10. George motioned the Westport Community Association wine tasting event scheduled for May 19, 2007 at the Town Hall be called a town function. Jack seconded the motion; vote 3-0.
11. George presented the Maine Emergency Management Agency Damage and
Injury Assessment estimate.
12. George reported that if we anticipate a large turnout at the Town Meeting, we
have been offered the Woolwich/Wiscasset Baptist Church for a fee.
13. George motioned to have interested parties submit bids by May 9th to the Town of Westport Island for mowing the Town Office, the Town Hall and the sides of the roads (yearly). Each bid is to include a certificate of liability insurance and a list of equipment. Jack seconded the motion; vote 3-0.
14. George read an email from Sally Sacchetti asking if we had received her check.
15. Mario DiPietro wants to put his land under farmland. George dropped off the
and application at the
16. Michelle Chartier has requested to attend three workshops for Town Clerk. Vital Statistics is $50, Records Management is $30, and Licensing is $50. Jack motioned to approve her attendance and reimburse her mileage. George seconded the motion; vote 3-0.
17. The selectmen reviewed three bids for replacement of shingles on the Town Hall. Gary Richardson bid $7,020; Eben Greenleaf bid $11,250; and D&D Builders bid $9,000. Jack motioned to approve Gary Richardson’s bid of $7,020. Brenda seconded the motion; vote 3-0.
18. The selectmen set a date for public hearings on town referendum items for May 12th at 9 a.m. George motioned to get a legal opinion from MMA on whether we have an option of which petitions we can put on the referendum. Brenda seconded the motion; vote: 3-0.
19. The selectmen approved the Town Report dedication as written.
20. George motioned to have X-Press Copy prepare the town report again this year;
Jack, 2nd; vote: 3-0.
21. The B.O.S. signed an assessment letter for Gale/Pierce on M1/L 79.1.
22. George moved to cancel the abatement on Map1/Lot 79.2 because it doesn’t
qualify under statute; Jack, 2nd; vote: 3-0.
23. The B.O.S. rescheduled the Selectmen’s meeting of May 16th to Tuesday, May 15th so they can attend the Front Porch Meeting in Edgecomb that Wednesday.
24. Jack motioned to accept the change in Dianne Roberts’ tax bill following CMA Gene Huskins’ recommendation based on a survey. Brenda seconded the motion; vote: 2-0-1. George abstained as Diane is his sister.
25. Jack motioned we abate Diane Roberts $30.04 for being overcharged 99 feet of shore front; Brenda, 2nd; vote: 2-0-1. George abstained as she is his sister.
26. Jack motioned to adjourn at 10:20 pm.; Brenda, 2nd; vote: 3-0.
George D. Richardson, Jr.
Brenda J. Bonyun
John B. Swanton