BOARD OF SELECTMEN, ASSESSORS AND OVERSEERS MEETING
Board members: George D. Richardson, Jr., Brenda J. Bonyun and John B. Swanton
Citizens: Bill Cooney, Dennis Dunbar and Bob Mooney
Guests: Charlotte Boynton of the Wiscasset Newspaper and Bob Fairfield of Wiscasset
1. George called the meeting to order at 7:02 p.m. A quorum was present.
2. Warrant No. 44 for $18,108.40 was presented. George moved to accept; Brenda, 2nd; vote: 3-0.
3. Minutes of the Apri1 21, 2008 meeting were reviewed. George moved to accept; Brenda, 2nd;
vote: 2-0-1. Jack abstained since he was not present at that meeting
4. Fire Chief Bob Mooney informed the B.O.S. of 3 scholarships to attend a course on Fire Fighter Essentials in May. Bob said these 3 plus a 4th department member would be attending the 2-day course.
5. Bill Cooney reported on the Town Hall Committee. The railings will be painted and the entrance ramp covered with an outdoor carpet. (The selectmen agreed they could spend this money from their budget.) The committee would like to add 2 native plants to soften the corners of the building. He also said they would be washing some mold from the north side. Bill volunteered to rake the leaves from the Town Office bushes.
6. Dennis Dunbar reported that the RPC meeting this Thursday will be reviewing the cost sharing formula. After this, they will start determining transition costs.
7. Pier permits were signed for:
B. Brad Adler - Map 7,
C. Richard Lorenson - Map 5,
D. John & Amanda Blaisdell - Map 2,
8. Abatements wee signed for:
A. David & Sandra Besecker for $132.50
B. Francis L. Cromwell for $105.51
9. Brenda will draft a letter in response to an email received from Curt Downer. The letter will be ready for signing later this week.
10. George moved to adjourn at 8:45 p.m.; Brenda, 2nd; vote: 3-0.
George D. Richardson, Jr.
Brenda J. Bonyun
John B. Swanton