BOARD OF SELECTMEN, ASSESSORS AND OVERSEERS MEETING
Board members present: George D. Richardson Jr., Reggie Lee and Jack Swanton
Citizens present: Bill Cooney, Ben Crehore, Mario DePietro, Dennis Dunbar, John & Ruth Nelson and Marianne Williams
Guest present: Charlotte Boynton of Wiscasset Newspaper
1. George called the meeting to order at 7:17 p.m.
2. Reviewed Warrant No. 44, dated May 1, 2006, for $13,254.03. George motioned to accept; Jack, 2nd; vote: 3-0.
3. Reviewed Board of Selectmen meeting minutes of April 19, 2006. George motioned to accept; Reggie, 2nd; vote: 3-0.
4. Reviewed Board of Selectmen meeting minutes of April 26, 2006. Reggie motioned to accept; George, 2nd; vote: 2-0-1. Jack abstained as he was not present at the meeting of April 26.
5. Bill Cooney - Town Hall Committed wants to:
A. Sand, seal and buff the town hall entrance floor.
B. Replace shrubs at east end of town hall.
C. Replace veneer on kitchen counter tops.
6. Reviewed letter from Board of Selectmen to Thomas E. Deedy dated May 3, 2006 regarding the unreasonable amount of trash in his yard.
7. Reviewed ramp and float
permit application of Mario and Roni DePietro , Map 6, Lots 27.1 and 27.2 at
8. Reviewed minutes of public
hearing for pier, ramp and float for Jan Halla (Waterman Marine),
Map 5, Lot 7.2 held on April 13, 20206 at 5:00 pm.
9. Squam Creek is open to digging for clams as of May 2, 2006.
10. Board of Selectmen has decided to table any discussion of anonymous complaints until further research has been conducted.
11. Reviewed certification form FEMA 1591 DR ME certifying that all work claimed has been completed and that all costs claimed have been paid in full in the amount of $24,007.40, regarding Willis Point Road, Post Office Road for the storm of May 2004. The certification was signed by George D. Richardson, Jr., Chairman of the Board of Selectmen, and Garry M. Cromwell, Road Commissioner, and dated April 27, 2006
6. George motioned to adjourn at 9:03 pm; Reggie, 2nd; vote: 3-0.
George D. Richardson, Jr.
Reginald J. Lee
John B. Swanton