BOARD OF SELECTMEN, ASSESSORS AND OVERSEERS MEETING
Board members: George D. Richardson, Jr., Brenda J. Bonyun and Ross Norton
Citizens: Bill Cooney, Richard DeVries, Dennis Dunbar, Bill Hopkins and Ruth & John Nelson
Boynton of the Wiscasset Newspaper and Greg Foster of the
1. George called the meeting to order at 12:01 p.m.
2. George motioned to approve Warrant No. 44 for $26,416.73; Ross, 2nd; vote 3-0. (After the meeting an invoice from Eugene Huskins, CMA, was received and the Warrant was amended to $28,366.73 and approved.)
3. George moved to approve the minutes of April 27, 2009 as written; Ross, 2nd; vote 3-0.
4. Bill Cooney asked to spread lime on the lawn at the Town Hall which would cost around $100.00. Also, he asked about washing the Town Office in preparation for painting. One of our taxpayers has donated some anti-mold cleaner called “Mold Armor” to remove the mold.
6. Richard DeVries spoke about concerns in connection with the SVRSU. The BOS agreed he should connect with the Pownal school system and find out where they are with their interaction with the Education Commissioner and their concerns in considering a withdrawal from their school union. There was discussion about how to ensure we don’t lose our school buses before we are sure what will happen with the SVRSU. George made a motion to get a legal opinion from MMA on the legality of withdrawing from the RSU. Ross seconded the motion; vote 3-0.
7. George motioned to approve the estimate from Jay Lincoln for the outside lighting project for $950.00; Brenda, 2nd; vote 3-0.
8. A complaint was received about a possible
junkyard or recycling center on
Map 5/Lot 46.3 owned by Joseph Huggins. George motioned to send a letter asking him to meet with the selectmen at our next meeting on May 11, 2009 at noon to discuss the complaint. Brenda seconded the motion; vote 3-0.
9. George moved to adjourn at 1:33 p.m.; Brenda, 2nd; Vote 3-0.
George D. Richardson, Jr. Brenda J. Bonyun Ross A. Norton