BOARD OF SELECTMEN, ASSESSORS AND OVERSEERS MEETING
Board members: George D. Richardson, Jr., Brenda J. Bonyun and Ross Norton
Citizens: Richard DeVries and Dennis Dunbar
Guest: Charlotte Boynton of the Wiscasset Newspaper
1. George called the meeting to order at 12:08 p.m.
2. Warrant No. 45 for $5987.96 was reviewed. George moved to approve;
Brenda, 2nd; Vote 3-0.
3. Minutes of May 4th, 2009 were reviewed. George moved to accept as
written; Brenda, 2nd; Vote 3-0.
4. The B.O.S. will send John Appleton a thank you note for his donation of
Mold Armor to the Town.
George read a
decision from the
6. Richard DeVries expressed concern that taxes are increasing while revenues are shrinking. He recommended we include an article on the town warrant for June Town Meeting stating for the next three years we spread out what we have left over in the Town’s Educational Surplus Account. The B.O.S. will contact MMA for suggestions in handling the surplus.
7. George moved to appoint Mike Cromwell to the Human Resource committee. Ross 2nd. Vote 3-0.
8. The Huggins did not attend the meeting as requested in a letter mailed to them last week. George suggested we call them to discuss the issue of a possible junkyard violation before taking further action. Brenda and Ross agreed.
will send a letter to Ann Cavanaugh as the Health Officer and ask her to make a
site visit to Amos Greenleaf and Harriet Wood in reference to the run off on
B. Albert Greenleaf told Ross he believed there was a condition placed on granting a septic system permit to Amos Greenleaf (or the owner of the property, James Cromwell) stating they must put in a culvert.
C. Ross spoke with the Road Commissioner and requested a letter stating what needs to be done to provide adequate drainage and whether or not the rock wall should be moved.
10. George moved to hold the Memorial Day Meeting on Tuesday, May 26th
in light of the
11. Brenda was contacted by Mary Ellen Barnes about establishing a committee to study the feasibility developing an addition with a vault for valuable town records and historical items to the Town Office building. Brenda moved to establish an ad hoc committee and to appoint the following people to said committee: Mary Ellen Barnes, Brenda J. Bonyun, Dedee Greenleaf-Hodgdon, Susan Partelow, and George D. Richardson, Jr. Ross seconded the motion; Vote 3-0.
12. George motioned to adjourn at 1:40 p.m.; Brenda, 2nd; Vote 3-0.
George D. Richardson, Jr.
Brenda J. Bonyun