BOARD OF SELECTMEN, ASSESSORS AND OVERSEERS MEETING
Board members present: George D. Richardson Jr., Reggie Lee and Jack Swanton
Citizens present: †Brenda Bonyun, Michelle Chartier, Ben Crehore, Andy Fuller, Bob Mooney, David Neiderstat, Shane Reininger, and Marianne Williams
Guest present: Charlotte Boynton of Wiscasset Newspaper
1. George called the meeting to order at 7:05 p.m.†
2. Reviewed Warrant No. 46, dated May 17, 2006, for $7,249.67.† George motioned to accept;
Jack, 2nd; vote: 3-0.
3. Reviewed Board of Selectmen meeting minutes of May 10, 2006. †George motioned to accept; Reggie, 2nd; vote: 3-0.† †
4. Reviewed letter from Maine Emergency Management Agency dated April 25, 2006, regarding Hazard Mitigation Grant Program (HMGP) for flood damage during 2005.
5. David Neiderstat discussed
water run-off issues on
6. Andy Fuller discussed BIW
sponsorship of Habitat for Humanity on
7. Marianne Williams asked about absentee ballots and the LMF contract.
8. Bob Mooney reported the WIVFD needs to replace two valves on the 1985 American LaFrance fire truck.† Estimated cost is $2,700.00.
9. Reviewed meeting of E-Waste Collection Program on May 11, 2006.† (George attended.)
10. Reviewed SHB grant i.e.:
Pine Tree Engineering, in the amount of $11,000.00, for the
Anonymous Contributions:††††††††† ††† 3,900.00
A. Topographical survey.
B. Mooring plan.
C. Preparation of permit applications.
D. Review meetings.
Jack motioned to approve; George, 2nd; vote: 3-0
11. Reviewed Newburg Associates contract renewal proposal dated May 15, 2006, for the period July 15, 2006 to July 15, 2007.† George motioned to table the proposal until more research is conducted.† Jack seconded the motion; vote: 3-0.
12. Reviewed proposal for invitation to bid on stump removal for the proposed sand/salt shed.† A combo ad is to appear on May 26, 2006.
13. George motioned that the Westport island Community Associationís wine tasting event scheduled for may 20, 2006 at the Town Hall be called a town function in order to minimize liability to the town.† Reggie seconded the motion; vote: 3-0.
14. George motioned that we obtain 2 additional engineering proposals regarding the sand/salt shed project:
A. Pine Tree Engineering
†††††† Reggie seconded the motion; vote: 3-0
15. George motioned to forward the anonymous complaint dated May 15, 2006 to Jerry Bodmer, LPI.
16.† A public hearing regarding referendum voting on town warrant articles will be held on May 18, 2006 at the Town Hall at 7:00 pm.
1.† George moved to adjourn at 9:15 pm; Reggie, 2nd; vote: unanimous.
George D. Richardson, Jr.††††††††††††††††††††† ††††
Reginald J. Lee
John B. Swanton