BOARD OF SELECTMEN, ASSESSORS AND OVERSEERS MEETING
Board members: George D. Richardson, Jr., Brenda J. Bonyun and Ross Norton
Citizen: Dennis Dunbar
Guests: Charlotte Boynton of The
Wiscasset Newspaper and Greg Foster of The
1. The meeting was called to order at 12:07 p.m.
2. George moved to approve Warrant No. 46 for $13,914.89; Brenda, 2nd; vote: 3-0.
3. George moved to accept the minutes of May 11, 2009 as written; Ross, 2nd; vote: 3-0.
received a letter from JoAnne Walker asking the town to improve visibility at
her driveway on
A letter was
received from the Lincoln County Commissioners requesting help with updating
the county map for
6. The following were appointed to the AdHoc Historical and Records Vault Committee: Mary Ellen Barnes, Brenda Bonyun, Bill Cooney, Dedee Greenleaf-Hodgdon, Susan Partelow, George Richardson, Jr. and Debra Williams.
7. The B.O.S. received notice that the preliminary state evaluation for 2010, based on April 1, 2008, is $241,750,000.
A letter was
received from MMA stating that 7
9. Lien notices will be filed for delinquent taxpayers on Friday, May 22, for 2008 unpaid real estate taxes. The delinquent taxes for 2008 are $49,795.
10. The town received word from Joe Huggins saying he tried a recycle business, but failed. He stated we can inspect his property anytime. A letter will be sent giving a date when clean up must be completed.
12. A letter was sent to MMA with the names of volunteers for the Town to be covered by insurance, approximately 80-90 people at $3.75 each per year. This will be a warrant article at Town Meeting to see if the legislative body will approve the expenditure.
13. A letter from the D.E.P. was received stating they inspected on the old landfill property, and the Town needs to complete water sampling from neighboring houses. The D.E.P. would like the results of the water tests and information on the site such as when it closed and the current owner’s name.
14. There will be a meeting on June 2 to discuss the RSU budget for the 2009-2010 school year.
15. Happy Birthday to Dennis Dunbar. He is 65 years young! Congrats!
16. Susan and George met with Fred Brewer, auditor, regarding discrepancies in the audit for FYE 6/30/07.
17. George called Downeast Energy and received a quote for the 2009-2010 heating season which is $2.176 (Option A) per gallon based on 3,000 gallons.
18. Cathy Fuller asked to have the Town Meeting either in a tent or another location with more room and more comfortable seating. Brenda will add to column asking for comments and feedback.
19. George motioned to have Dedee get a quote from Pam Lear to do the Town Office floors; Brenda, 2nd; vote: 3-0.
20. Brenda motioned to give George the authority to negotiate an oil contract with Downeast Energy for 2009-2010; Ross, 2nd; vote: 3-0.
21. George motioned to appoint Jerry Bodmer as L.P.I. for 3 years; Brenda, 2nd; vote: 3-0.
22. George motioned to adjourn at 2:42 p.m.; Brenda, 2nd; vote: 3-0. The meeting was adjourned.
George D. Richardson, Jr.
Brenda J. Bonyun