BOARD OF SELECTMEN, ASSESSORS AND OVERSEERS MEETING
Board members: George D. Richardson, Jr., Brenda J. Bonyun and John B. Swanton
Citizens: Bill Cooney, Reggie Lee, John MacNamara, John & Ruth Nelson and Gary Richardson
Guests: Surveyor Karl Olson, Charlotte Boynton of Wiscasset Newspaper and Bob Fairfield of Wiscasset
1. George called the meeting to order at 7:05 p.m.
2. Warrant No. 47 for $79,337.29 was presented. George moved to accept; Brenda, 2nd; vote: 3-0.
3. George moved to approve the minutes of May 12, 2008; Brenda, 2nd; vote: 2-0-1. (Jack was not present at that meeting.)
4. Jack moved to approve a tax anticipation loan with a $200,000 draw down and an additional $100,000 available if needed. Brenda seconded the motion; vote: 3-0.
5. An 11:00 a.m. Saturday, May 24th, date was set to hear the Castleman and Bowditch abatement requests.
6. Bill Cooney reported for the Town Hall Committee some more painting will be done, and the shrubs in front of the building will be removed per advice from the Garden Club that such plantings are not in keeping with the period of the building.
7. John MacNamara and Karl Olson came before the Board asking about a building on Map 6/Lot 32 that may have been built partially within the 75 ft. shoreland setback. A decision was tabled until some research by Karl Olson can be done.
8. Brenda moved to accept Downeast Energy’s price of $4.13 per gallon for heating oil for the 2008-2009 season; George, 2nd; vote: 3-0.
9. The tree growth application of David & Betsy Forrest was reviewed. Per the advice from the Maine Revenue Service, the 4.3 acre lot was disapproved, resulting in a total acreage in tree growth of 24 acres, all on Map 4/Lot 2. George moved to approve; Brenda, 2nd; vote: 3-0.
10. George moved to approve an abatement request from Lloyd & Nancy Bladow for $2,132.89 on Map 7/Lot 20 as recommended by CMA Gene Huskins. Brenda seconded the motion; vote: 3-0.
11. George moved to approve an request for Leo & Patricia Martin on Map 7/Lot 20 in the amount of $2,132.89 as recommended by CMA Gene Huskins.
12. George moved to ask Town
Health Officer Ann Cavanaugh to inspect and take any proper action at Map 5 /
13. George motioned to adjourn at 9:57 p.m.; Brenda, 2nd; vote: 3-0.
George D. Richardson, Jr.
Brenda J. Bonyun
John B. Swanton