BOARD OF SELECTMEN, ASSESSORS AND OVERSEERS MEETING
Board members: George D. Richardson, Jr., Brenda J. Bonyun and John B. Swanton
Citizens: Bill Cooney, Ben Crehore, Norma Dreyfus and Ruth & John Nelson
Guest: Charlotte Boynton of the Wiscasset Newspaper
1. George convened the meeting at 7:20 p.m. with an apology to those who had waited while the B.O.S. completed the public hearings.
2. George moved to approve Warrant No. 48 for $18,040.21; Jack, 2nd; Vote 3-0.
3. George moved to approve the minutes of May 23, 2007 with a minor spelling
correction; Brenda, 2nd; Vote 3-0.
4. Town Hall:
A. Bill Cooney asked when to hand in warrant requests. He was told A.S.A.P.
B. The well issue at the Town hall has been rectified and Bill will send out a water test next week.
C. Bill checked into historic building requirements for handicap accessibility. He found they do not need paved parking. They will look into gravel and grading instead.
D. George moved to have the Road Commissioner, Garry Cromwell, check the site and give an estimate. Jack seconded the motion; Vote 3-0.
Mooney reported he has met with EMA to discuss Patriot's Day storm and that
B. The position of EMA director is required by the State as tied to homeland security. There was discussion of how best to keep all positions filled without burnout.
C. Bob reported the cost of the furnace caused an over draft in their budget of $978. George moved to pay the overdraft out of the contingency account. Jack seconded the motion; Vote 3-0.
6. The B.O.S. agreed a Flag Committee was a good idea. Appointed to the committee
were: Marianne Williams, Murlyn and Kim Greenleaf, Bob Mooney, and Ben
Crehore. George motioned to approve these members; Jack, 2nd; Vote 3-0.
7. John and Ruth Nelson donated a flag to the Town of Westport Island in memory of
Bruce Pierce who served in the U.S. Navy from 1931-1935. They will replace it as
needed. The B.O.S. gave a warm heartfelt thank you to the Nelsons.
8. Tuesday night is the informational meeting at the Town Hall. Arthur Ballard has
volunteered to be the moderator. George moved to approve Art; Jack, 2nd; Vote 3-0.
9. The B.O.S. will sign and post a copy of the referendum ballot signed by them in three
places: Town Hall, Town Office and the Store.
10. Jack and Brenda signed an abatement letter and form for Lot 7 Map 69.9 for Norma
11. A ramp and float hearing was set for Wednesday, June 13 at 6:30 for Over the Hill
LLC at David Soule's property on
12. George moved to adjourn at 9:10 p.m.; Jack, 2nd; Vote: 3-0.
George D. Richardson, Jr.
Brenda J. Bonyun
John B. Swanton
18.. George moved to adjourn at 9:10 p.m. Jack, 2nd. Vote 3-0