BOARD OF SELECTMEN, ASSESSORS AND OVERSEERS MEETING
Board members: George D. Richardson, Jr., Brenda J. Bonyun and Ross Norton
Citizens: Dennis Dunbar
Guest: Charlotte Boynton of the Wiscasset Newspaper
1. The meeting was convened at 12:01 p.m.
2. George motioned to approve Warrant, No. 50, for $218,120.06; Brenda, 2nd; vote: 3-0.
3. The minutes of the June 8, 2009 meeting were read. George moved to accept; Ross, 2nd; vote: 3-0.
4. The warrant articles for this year’s town meeting are now on the town website.
5. Jerry Bodmer, L.P.I., was in to inform the town that the State has imposed a surcharge fee of $15.00 for any permit to install a non-engineered subsurface wastewater disposal system. This fee is supposed to pay for 3 officials to monitor the clam flats (LD1399). George moved to implement the fee to satisfy the new law; Brenda, 2nd; vote: 3-0.
6. George moved to appoint the following people:
A. Board of Appeals: Art Ballard - 3 yrs.; Charles Howe - 3 yrs.
B. AdHoc Committee - Wright House: Mary Smith - 1 yr.
C. Harbor Committee: Ron Stoodley - 3 yrs; Mike Cromwell - 3 yrs.
D. Planning Board: Ruth Nelson - 3 yrs; Richard Gray - 5 yrs.; Mark Cromwell (Alternate) - 2 yrs.
E. AdHoc History Committee: Mary Ellen Barnes, Sandra Besecker, Bill Cooney, Judy Hughes,
Asenath Morton, John Nelson, Ruth Nelson, Carol Spiegel, Jack Swanton, Cora Tarbox, Ron Tarbox and
Brenda seconded the motion; vote: 3-0.
7. Several state 800 numbers that we use daily have been disconnected to save money.
8. George motioned to adjourn at 1:34 p.m.; Brenda, 2nd; vote: 3-0. The meeting was adjourned.
George D. Richardson, Jr. Brenda J. Bonyun Ross Norton