BOARD OF SELECTMEN, ASSESSORS AND OVERSEERS MEETING
Board members: George D. Richardson, Jr., Gerald A. Bodmer and Ross Norton
Citizens: Brenda Bonyun and Dennis Dunbar
Guest: Charlotte Boynton of the Wiscasset Newspaper
and Greg Foster of the
1. The meeting was convened at 12:12 p.m.
2. George moved to approve Warrant No. 51, for $3,926.71; Jerry, 2nd; vote: 3-0.
3. George motioned to appoint Gaye Wagner to be Deputy Emergency management Director; Jerry, 2nd;
vote: 3-0. .
4. George moved to appoint the following to the AdHoc Wright House Committee: Richard Devries, John Nelson, David Besecker and Art Ballard. Jerry, 2nd; vote: 3-0.
5. Davies Allan asked the selectmen to pursue alternatives for high-speed internet connection to areas that do not have Time Warner Cable. George moved to appoint Davies Allan to the committee of 1 to check into rural broadband service. Jerry seconded the motion; vote: 3-0.
6. George motioned to appoint Brenda Bonyun as Deputy General Assistance Administrator; Jerry, 2nd;
7. MMA advised towns to have ordinances regarding cable television. George moved to re-appoint Jack Swanton as an agent to the consortium and have him report back to the selectmen on any franchise agreements for moving forward. Jerry seconded the motion; vote: 3-0.
8. George motioned to accept the 1.11% interest rate on the town’s Certificate of Deposit at The First, N.A. with a maturity date of 10/06/09.
9. Ross nominated George for Chairman of the Board of Selectmen; Jerry, 2nd; vote: 2-0-1
10. Davies Allan, Jon Williams and Dennis Dunbar have asked the selectmen where the funds came from to match the grant for the Ferry landing property. George moved to table the request until we gather the information; Jerry, 2nd; vote: 3-0.
11. George moved to consult with our Road Commissioner and Steve DeWick of Pinetree Engineering on the Ferry Road improvements; Jerry, 2nd; vote: 3-0.
12. George motioned to adjourn at 2:06 p.m.; Jerry, 2nd; vote: 3-0. The meeting was adjourned.
George D. Richardson, Jr. Gerald Bodmer Ross Norton