Board of Selectmen, Assessors and Overseers Meeting
June 28, 2010
Selectmen: George D. Richardson Jr., Gerald A. Bodmer and Ross Norton
Citizen: Ruth Nelson
Guests: Charlotte Boynton of the Wiscasset Newspaper and J.W. Oliver of the
1. George called the meeting to order at 12: 17 p.m.
2. Warrant No. 52: The warrant was reviewed and George motioned to approve Warrant
No. 52 for $154,545.24; Jerry, 2nd; vote: 3-0.
3. Minutes: The minutes of the June 21, 2010 meeting were reviewed. George motioned to accept as written; Jerry, 2nd; vote: 3-0.
4. Jetty Public Hearing: George advised that an on-site Ferry Landing Jetty public hearing is scheduled for July 12th at 11:00 a.m.
5. Jetty Project Engineer: George motioned to authorize Pine Tree Engineering Engineer Steve DeWick to be the Permitting Activities Agent for the Jetty Project. Ross seconded the motion; vote: 3-0.
6. Office Equipment Purchase: Ross motioned that we purchase (2) new receipt printers from the Harris Company to replace the defective printer in the Tax Collector’s office and replace the one in the Excise Tax Collector’s office, at a cost of $232.00 each. George seconded the motion; vote: 3-0.
7. Tax Assessing Program: Jerry motioned to purchase a $25.00 “Access Data Base Software” program as a contingency to open the Newburg Associates Program after the contract has expired and not renewed. Ross did call Claude Bolduc and asked if we would still have access to the database and although he said it was ours, we need to be sure that we will be able to retrieve the data. George seconded the motion; vote: 3-0.
8. BOS meeting: The BOS agreed that there would be no BOS meeting held on July 5 because it is considered an extended holiday. The next meeting is scheduled for July 12.
9. George moved to adjourn the meeting at 12:55 p.m.; Jerry, 2nd; vote 3-0.
George D. Richardson, Jr.
Gerald A. Bodmer