TOWN OF WESTPORT ISLAND
BOARD OF SELECTMEN, ASSESSORS AND OVERSEERS MEETING
Board members: George D. Richardson, Jr., Gerald A. Bodmer and Ross A. Norton
Citizens: Ben Crehore, Richard DeVries, Dennis Dunbar and Ruth & John Nelson
Charlotte Boynton of the Wiscasset Newspaper and Greg Foster of the
1. First Selectman George D. Richardson, Jr. called the meeting to order at 12:09 p.m.
2. The Selectmen reviewed and George motioned to approve Warrant No.52 for $19,799.50; Ross, 2nd; vote: 3-0.
3. The minutes of the June 15, 2009 & June 22, 2009 meetings were reviewed. George motioned to accept as written; Jerry, 2nd; vote: 3-0
5. Wiscasset Transfer Station: George
reported that he had discussed
6. Town Office Computer software: George read the bill from Newburg Associates for $2,400.00 to provide license renewal and yearly support under the agreement of their software contract with us. George motioned to pay the fee; Ross, 2nd; vote: 3-0.
7. SVRSU: Dennis Dunbar requested that the Selectmen
sign and send a letter he had drafted to the RSU12 Superintendent, that proposed
a one year, mutually renewable lease for
9. Ferry Road; George advised that he had talked with Steve DeWick of Pinetree Engineering and asked him to work with Road Commissioner Gary Cromwell to prepare specifications for a RFP for the Ferry Road work. George motioned that the RFP be prepared in order to put the job out for bid; Ross, 2nd; vote: 3-0.
10. Other Business: Jerry advised that Joe Donohue had offered to help Jack Swanton with Time Warner Cable TV issues, franchise agreements and the Lincoln County Consortium. George offered to contact Jack with his offer.
11. Huggins Property Issue: George reported that a visit was made this week and photos were taken because the problem still exists. George has contacted the DEP Solid Waste Division (6/29/09) and is on hold temporarily until he receives a return call.
12. Water Quality Improvement Fund: Jerry
advised that the DEP Director of the Bureau of Land & Water Quality, Andrew
Fisk, had contacted him (6/29/09) and advised that the intent of LD1399 as
currently written (new & replacement subsurface systems anywhere in the
state) has been discussed among the legislators and will remain as written. He
further stated that
13. George moved to adjourn at 1:31 p.m.; Ross, 2nd; vote: 3-0
George D. Richardson, Jr. Gerald A. Bodmer Ross A. Norton