BOARD OF SELECTMEN, ASSESSORS AND OVERSEERS MEETING
Board members: George D. Richardson, Jr., Brenda J. Bonyun and Ross Norton
Citizens: Ben Crehore, Cathy Fuller and Terri Norton
Guests: Charlotte Boynton of Wiscasset Newspaper, Bob
1. George called the meeting to order at 7:00 p.m.
2. Warrant No. 53 for $18,233.16 was reviewed. George moved to approve; Brenda, 2nd; vote: 3-0.
3. Minutes of the June 16, 2008 and June 23, 2008 meetings were read. George motioned to approve the minutes for both meetings as presented. Brenda seconded the motion; vote: 3-0.
4. Board of Appeals:
A. E. Davies Allen, Ben Crehore and Cathy Fuller requested appointment to the Board of Appeals.
B. George motioned to appoint Art Ballard to a 5 year term from alternate; Brenda, 2nd; vote: 3-0.
C. George moved to appoint Cathy Fuller as an Alternate to replace Art Ballard; Brenda, 2nd;
vote: 3-0. Comment by Ross: Cathy was asked prior to the vacancy.
D. Two openings are coming up in 2009.
5. George moved to appoint: Gary Richardson as CEO and Ron Stoodley as Deputy CEO each for one year; and Gerald Bodmer as LPI with Stuart Wyman as his Deputy for one year terms. Brenda seconded the motion; vote: 3-0.
6. The following appointments were made to the Wright House and Non-Easement Property Committee: Art Ballard, Mary Ellen Barnes, David Besecker, Richard DeVries, John Nelson and Mikki Smith. Brenda seconded the motion; vote: 3-0.
7. Burgess Computers is scheduled for July 9, 2008 at 9:00 am to install the new telephone system. A check for 50% ($1073.00) to cover materials is included on the warrant per their quotation.
8. George moved to approve Newburgh Associates renewal contract in the amount of $2,400.00 for software licensing and technical support for one year. Brenda seconded the motion; vote: 3-0.
letter to Albert Greenleaf thanking him for working with the Road Commissioner
to move rocks back on
10. George moved to abate
Paul L and Susan B. Nergaard (Map 6,
11. George made a motion to authorize William Brewer, CPA, to audit the town financials for the periods of July 12, 2006 to June 30, 2007 and July 1, 2007 to June 30, 2008. Brenda seconded the motion;
11. George moved to adjourn at 8:05 p.m.; Ross, 2nd; vote: 3-0.
George D. Richardson, Jr. Brenda J. Bonyun Ross Norton