BOARD OF SELECTMEN, ASSESSORS AND OVERSEERS MEETING
Board members: George D. Richardson, Jr., Gerald A. Bodmer and Ross A. Norton
Guests: Charlotte Boynton of the Wiscasset Newspaper
1. Selectman George D. Richardson, Jr called the meeting to order at 12:10 p.m.
2. Warrant: The Selectmen reviewed and George motioned to approve Warrant No. 2 for $ 9,016.38; Ross, 2nd; vote; 3-0.
3. Minutes: The minutes of the July 06, 2009 meeting were reviewed. George motioned to accept as written; Jerry, 2nd; vote: 3-0
4. Town Landing: George advised that the hearing on the Town Landing is to be held on site on July 27, 2009 at 11:00am. Newspapers were notified.
5. Appointments: George motioned to appoint the following:
Town Clerk & Registrar of Voters: Pam Frenier for 1 year
Board of Appeals: Ben Crehore as Alternate for 1 year
Constable/Animal Control Officer: Amos (Bud) Greenleaf for 1 year
E-911 Coordinator: Marcia Gray for 1 year
Deputy E-911 Coordinator: Richard Gray for 1 year
Code Enforcement Officer: Gary Richardson for 1 year
Excise Tax Collector: Dedee Greenleaf-Hodgdon for 1 year
Tax Collector, Treasurer & Administrative Assistant: Susan Partelow for 1 year
Harbor Master and Port Warden: Frank (Bud) Gallagher for 1 year
Deputy Harbor Master and Port Warden: Daniel Bradford for 1 year
Jerry seconded the motion; vote: 3-0
6. Voting Ballot for MMA: Selectmen reviewed the MMA voting ballot provided on the members running for office. George motioned to vote for Mark Green for a one year term as Vice President and vote for the unopposed candidates for the Executive Committee positions; Jerry, 2nd; vote: 3-0
7. Tax Commitment 2008-2009: Selectmen signed the Assessors Return, Commitment papers and the Certification of Assessment for the period of July 01, 2008 to June 30, 2009.
8. Jon Williams questions: George motioned to provide his handwritten responses to the Administrative Assistant and to advise her to contact Mr. Willams that they will be available at the Town office for his consideration; Ross, 2nd; vote: 3-0
9. Abatement: George received back the $7.50
abatement for the Soule property (Map 6,
10. Huggins Property: George advised that William Butler from the DEP has agreed to meet with the CEO on 07/22/09 at 8:30 am to do a site inspection.
George moved to adjourn at 13:28; Jerry 2nd, vote 3-0
George D. Richardson, Jr.
Gerald A. Bodmer
Ross A. Norton