BOARD OF SELECTMEN, ASSESSORS AND OVERSEERS MEETING
Board Members: George D. Richardson, Jr., Ross Norton, Gerald A. Bodmer
Citizens: Paul & Brenda Bonyun and John Nelson
Guests: Charlotte Boynton of Wiscasset Newspaper
Bob Fairfield, Wiscasset Selectman
1. Selectman George D. Richardson, Jr called the meeting to order at
2. Warrant: The Selectmen reviewed and George motioned to approve Warrant No.4 for
$13,138.12; Ross, 2nd; vote; 3-0.
3. Minutes: The minutes of the July 20, 2009 meeting were reviewed. George motioned to accept as written; Jerry, 2nd; vote: 3-0
4. Town Landing Project: George discussed the results of the Public Hearing held at 11:00 this morning for renewal of the Ferry Landing Permits. The renewal of the original 2007 permits was approved.. Minutes from that hearing were posted.
6. Abatements: George motioned to abate the following Real Estate:
Taxpayer Map/Lot Abatement
W. & Linda H. Delong, Map 6 /
Jerry, 2nd; vote: 3-0
7. Huggins Property: George discussed the meeting held on 07/22/09 between Joseph Huggins, the CEO, the 3 Selectmen
and William Butler from the DEP. George offered to provide Huggins with a
letter of clarification with an
8. Road Work: John
Nelson praised the work of the Road Commissioner Gary Cromwell and his crew for
the excellent shoulder work recently accomplished on the
9. Mark Cummings Property Taxes: George advised that in the interest of resolving Mark Cummings’ tax issues with the property on Map 4 Lot 43.1, Assessor Eugene Huskins has offered to do a new tax assessment, with Mr. Cummings and a Selectman present, at the Cummings property, at no additional cost to the Town.
11. Appointment: George motioned to appoint Jerry Bodmer as Administrator of Registry of Deeds; Ross, 2nd; vote: 3-0. Susan Partelow offered to provide Jerry the details of the position as soon as possible.
George moved to adjourn at ; Jerry, 2nd; vote: 3-0
George D. Richardson, Jr.
Gerald A. Bodmer
Ross A. Norton