BOARD OF SELECTMEN, ASSESSORS AND OVERSEERS MEETING
Selectmen: George D. Richardson, Jr., Gerald A. Bodmer and Ross Norton
Citizens: Bud Gallagher, Harbor Master; Dennis Dunbar and Jack Swanton
Boynton of Wiscasset Newspaper and J.W. O’Brien of
1. George called the meeting to order at 12:08 p.m.
2. Mowing bid requests were sent out in May. The Town received 1 bid from David Lenz for $1,400.00. George moved to accept the bid; Jerry, 2nd; vote: 3-0.
3. George motioned to approve Warrants No. 6 for $51,768.25 (Payroll - $1,394.81 and Payables - $50,373.44) $25,671.43); Jerry, 2nd; vote: 3-0.
4. George moved to accept the minutes of July 26, 2010 as written; Ross, 2nd; vote: 3-0.
5. Due to the increase of checks being returned for NSF, George moved to amend the Check Acceptance Policy; Ross, 2nd; vote: 3-0.
6. George motioned to appoint Jerry Bodmer, Bud Gallagher and Ross Norton as Project Managers for the jetty project; Jerry, 2nd; vote: 3-0.
7. The following were appointed for one-year terms by the B.O.S. by unanimous vote:
AdHoc Committee for Wright House and Non-easement/Easement Property: Clifford Peck, Chris Fabian, Angela Calvo and Jody Burgess
Town Clerk: Pamela Frenier
Municipal Agent; Deputy Town Clerk, Tax Collector and Treasurer: Dedee Greenleaf-Hodgdon
Administrative Assistant, Treasurer and Tax Collector: Susan Partelow
Constable and Animal Control Officer: Amos Greenleaf
Code Enforcement Officer: Gary Richardson
Deputy Code Enforcement Officer: Ron Stoodley
Deputy Licensed Plumbing Inspector: Stuart Wyman
Harbor Master: Bud Gallagher
Deputy Harbor Master: Dan Bradford
8. George motioned to abate the Town of Westport Island $120.02 for personal property valued at $18,900.00 at the Wright Landing; Jerry, 2nd; vote: 3-0.
motioned to send a supplemental tax bill to David and Carol Blake for Map 1,
10. George moved to have Ross meet with Suzanne Hawkes to see her proposed plan for the Wright Landing beautification and get prices; Jerry, 2nd; vote: 3-0.
motion to pay $150.00 +/- from the contingency fund to send Dedee,
Pam and Susan to Motor Vehicle Registration training in
Since the classes are Tuesday through Thursday, Dedee and Pam will have office hours on Monday, October 18 from 3:00 p.m. to 7 p.m.; Susan, from 11:00 a.m. to 5 p.m. On Friday, October 22nd, Pam will hold office hours from 1:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m. and Susan from 11:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
12. George motioned to adjourn at 2:05 p.m.; Jerry, 2nd; vote: 3-0
George D. Richardson, Jr.
Gerald A. Bodmer