BOARD OF SELECTMEN, ASSESSORS AND OVERSEERS MEETING
Citizens: Michelle Chartier, Bill Cooney, Ben Crehore, Dennis Cromwell, Carol Dunbar,
Ron Harrison, Danny Lester, Albert Lester, Peter Miller, Ruth Nelson and John Nelson
Guests: Charlotte Boynton of Wiscasset Newspaper
Opening of Bids for Town Hall Painting Project:
1. At 6:45 p.m., as directed by the Selectmen in the pre-bid package, bids for the Town Hall Painting project were due. Only one bid was received at the appointed time by D & D Builders (Danny Lester). At 7:05 p.m., a second bidder called to say it would be another 30 minutes before he could submit his bid. George moved to let the bidder present decide if bids should be opened as stated in the pre-bid package or wait for the additional 30 minutes. Jack seconded the motion. Vote: 2-0-1. Brenda abstained because Danny Lester is a relative.
D&D Builders requested that we open the bids at the agreed upon time of 7:00 p.m.
The bid was opened and read aloud by Jack. Discussion among Danny, Bill Cooney, of the Town Hall Committee, and the selectmen followed.
George motioned to execute a contract with D & D Builders for the bid price of $9,450, including labor and materials; Jack, 2nd; Vote: 2-0-1. Brenda abstained because Danny is a relative.
Danny included a payment plan in his bid as follows:
A. 1/3 when he starts the job. $3,150
B. 1/3 when he is half done $3,150
C. 1/3 when completed $3,150
D. Plus any extra work required not included in contract or price
Jack moved to approve the payment plan as written; George, 2nd; Vote: 2-0-1. Brenda abstained because Danny is a relative.
Regular Meeting Commenced:
1. George called the meeting to order at 7:30 p.m.
2. Warrant No. 7 for $3,389.76 was reviewed. George moved to accept; Brenda, 2nd;
3. Reviewed Board of Selectmen meeting minutes of 08/09/06. George moved to approve amended minutes (typo); Brenda 2nd; Vote: unanimous.
4. Appointments made at the meeting were signed.
5. A policy on hearing “Citizens’ Issues” during Board of Selectmen meetings was read. George moved to adopt the policy effective 08/16/06; Jack, 2nd; Vote: unanimous.
6. Letters to applicants not chosen for the various committees were signed.
7. George motioned to type a corrected draft of the directive to the Ad Hoc Committee for the Wright House and Non-Easement Property. Jack 2nd. Vote: unanimous.
8. Jack moved to accept a draft of a letter to the Blake’s regarding approval of their abatement. Brenda seconded the motion; Vote: unanimous.
9. Jack contacted Curt Downer and asked him to arrange a date with the planning board to hold a public hearing on the Flood Plain and Building Code ordinances. He will also secure a date for a public hearing on the Blasting and Site Plan ordinances.
10. George moved to adjourn at 10:40 p.m.; Jack, 2nd; Vote: unanimous. The meeting was adjourned.
_____________________ ____________________ __________________
George D. Richardson, Jr. Brenda J. Bonyun John B. Swanton