BOARD OF SELECTMEN, ASSESSORS AND OVERSEERS MEETING
Board members: George D. Richardson, Jr. and Ross Norton
Citizens: Ben Crehore, Dana Cromwell, Dennis Cromwell, Mark Cromwell, Dennis Dunbar, Ron Harrison, Mort Mendes and John & Ruth Nelson
Guests: Charlotte Boynton of Wiscasset Newspaper and Bob Fairfield
1. George called the meeting to order at 7:07 p.m.
2. The two snow removal bids for a 3-year contract were opened; one from G&D Cromwell for $220,200. and one from Harrison General Contractors for $298,534. George motioned to accept the bid from G&D Cromwell; Ross, 2nd; Vote: 2-0.
3. George motioned to amend and accept the roadside mowing bid from Albert Greenleaf for $1,400.; Ross, 2nd; Vote; 2-0.
4. Mort Mendes expressed concern about the Hodgdon’s yard being messy, and asked if something could be done. George asked Mort to put the request in writing.
5. Warrant No. 7 was approved with the following changes: Burgess Computers charged tax on the new telephone system. George will call to correct and a new check will be cut. There was an error on the school warrant that was corrected by Sandra Crehore.
6. George motioned to appoint the following: Eugene Fairfield as an alternate to the Shellfish Committee for 1 year; Clement Sledge as Shellfish Warden for 3 years; Troy Hodgdon to the Wright Property Committee for 1 year; and Newt Blakesley to the Human Resource Committee. Ross seconded the motions; Vote: 2-0.
A heating forum
is planned for September 9, from 6:30 to 8:30 pm at the Lincoln Academy Campus
Ruth Nelson asked
about permission to begin work on the
9. George motioned to adjourn at 8:00 pm; Ross, 2nd; Vote 2-0. The meeting was adjourned.
George D. Richardson, Jr.