Board of Selectmen, Assessors and Overseers Meeting
August 23, 2010
Selectmen: George D. Richardson Jr., Gerald A. Bodmer and Ross Norton
Charlotte Boynton of the Wiscasset Newspaper and J.W. Oliver of the
1. George called the meeting to order at 12: 10 p.m.
2. Warrants: George motioned to approve Warrant No. 8 dated August 23, 2010 for $83,028.93 (Payroll - $2,434.42 and Payables - $80,594.51); Jerry, 2nd; vote: 3-0.
3. Minutes: The minutes of the August 9, 2010 meeting were reviewed. George motioned to accept as written; Jerry, 2nd; vote: 3-0.
4. Wright Property Loan: George advised the BOS that the adjustable rate for Wright Property Loan decreased from 3.95% to 1.45% this year and the loan balance was currently $282,762.92.
5. Excise Tax: George
motioned not to enter into Wiscasset’s proposed agreement with
7. Wright Landing Boat/Trailer Permit: George motioned to accept the Wright Landing Boat/Trailer Permit form dated August 19, 2010 as well as provide a copy to he Harbor Master, the Deputy Harbor Master and the Chairman of the Ad Hoc Committee for the Wright Landing. Jerry seconded the motion; vote: 3-0.
8. Jetty Project Letter to the Dept. Of Conservation: George motioned to send a letter of clarification to Carol DiBello of the DOC for Richard DeVries’ e-mail he sent to her on August 21st. This letter clearly states that the Owner’s Representatives for the Jetty Project will be the Harbor Master (Bud Gallagher) and the full Board of Selectmen. Copies of this BOS letter will be forwarded to the Ad Hoc Wright Landing Committee Chairman and Richard DeVries with a copy of the current charter. Jerry seconded the motion; vote 3-0.
9. Abatement Appeal: After review of an abatement appeal for Map 4 Lot 56 with the Certified Assessor and the Board of Assessors, George motioned to send a letter to Davies Allen regarding the return of his appeal application due to not being completed correctly. Jerry seconded the motion; vote: 3-0.
10. Abatements: George motioned to abate the following Real Estate:
Taxpayer Map/Lot Abatement
Anne Lowell 1/77.1 $ 1,023.49 applied to 2010/2011 tax bill
Ross, 2nd; vote: 3-0.
11. Supplemental: George motioned that a supplemental tax bill be sent to:
Taxpayer Map/Lot Supplemental
Lois Mason 2/34 $11.75 (float & ramp) 2010/2011 tax bill
Ross, 2nd; vote: 3-0.
12. George moved to adjourn the meeting at 2:08 p.m.; Jerry, 2nd; vote: 3-0.
George D. Richardson, Jr.
Gerald A. Bodmer