BOARD OF SELECTMEN, ASSESSORS AND OVERSEERS MEETING
Citizens: David Bertran, Ben Crehore and Richard DeVries
Guests: Charlotte Boynton of the Wiscasset Newspaper
Presentation by Richard Devries: Richard presented a power point preview of information he plans to
take to Jim Rier in
1. George called the meeting to order at 7:15 p.m.
2. There was a discussion among two compensation committee members, Richard Devries and David Bertran, and the BOS regarding the mission statement for the Compensation Committee.
3. Warrant No. 9 for $5443.52 was presented. George moved to accept; Jack 2nd; vote 3-0.
4. The minutes of the August 23rd meeting were reviewed. George moved to accept; Brenda, 2nd; vote: 3-0.
5. Jack read a letter requested by Larry O’Toole concerning a non-conforming deck on Map 7. George said that he believed the letter should not be signed until the question could be researched. Brenda agreed.
6. The Management & Discussion letter for the auditor for fiscal year ending 6/30/05, (6 months) was reviewed by the BOS. George made a motion to approve the letter and forward to Bob Bartlett at Bruce Nadeau’s office. Brenda seconded the motion; vote 3-0.
7. The BOS reviewed a letter from the Boothbay Region Humane Society requesting a contract with the town for acceptance and care of animals brought in. Jack motioned to accept the contract; Brenda, 2nd; vote: 3-0.
Dale has asked if the town wants to re-negotiate with the
9. George made a motion to sign the contract with DECD for $15,600 in grant money for the town hall painting and furnace projects. Brenda 2nd. Vote 3-0.
10. The BOS reviewed CMA Eugene Huskins’ letter of reply to Dennis Dunbar regarding his questions about depreciation. George moved to send the letter to Mr. Dunbar; Jack, 2nd; vote: 3-0.
BOS reviewed the proposed abatement for Whitney/Axelrad
property in the amount of $63,030.00. George motioned to sign the abatement for
BOS reviewed a proposed abatement for Alan and Judith Bebout
because of their missing ramp and float.
George moved to approve the abatement for Map 4,
13. Jack made a motion for George to be allowed to sign the building and pier permit for the Municipal Landing. Brenda 2nd. Vote 3-0.
2. George moved to adjourn at 9:10 p.m.; Brenda, 2nd; Vote: unanimous. The meeting was adjourned.
George D. Richardson, Jr.
Brenda J. Bonyun
John B. Swanton