BOARD OF SELECTMEN, ASSESSORS AND OVERSEERS MEETING
Board members: George D. Richardson, Jr., Brenda J. Bonyun and Ross Norton
Citizens: Bill Cooney, Dennis Dunbar, Ron Harrison, Debra Harrison, Mort Mendes and
Guests: Charlotte Boynton of Wiscasset Newspaper and Bob Fairfield
1. George called the meeting to order at 7:00 p.m.
2. Town Hall Roofing Project: One sealed bid in the amount of $975. from Gary Richardson was opened. Ron Stead placed his bid by phone in the amount of $1,082. Ross moved to accept the bid of Gary Richardson; Brenda, 2nd; Vote: 3-0.
3. Bill Cooney would like to thank Stacy West, George’s daughter, for a donation of flags.
4. Warrant No.10 for $65,745.90 was reviewed. George moved to approve; Brenda, 2nd;
5. The minutes of the August 18th meeting were reviewed. George moved to approve;
Ross, 2nd; Vote: 2-0. Brenda was absent from that meeting.
6. The minutes of the August 4th meeting were reviewed. George moved to approve; Ross, 2nd; Vote 3-0.
7. The Board of Selectmen signed previously made appointments.
8. Bob Mooney requested reimbursement of $696.00 from the EMT training appropriation for Roger Quandt who will attend EMT classes. George moved to approve; Brenda, 2nd;
9. Bob asked who should pay for the EMT to get a radio? WVFD would be willing to contribute. George suggested Bob take the matter up with the board of directors of the WVFD.
10. Bill Hopkins reported that the Conservation Commission and Human Resource Committee will hold a home heating conference on September 25 at 6:30 p.m. at the Town Hall.
11. Mort Mendes - Asked if the selectmen have determined if there will be a referendum item regarding the sand/salt facility. George replied “not yet”. Mort asked Ron Harrison if he would be willing to rent his salt shed to the Town. Ron presented a proposal that Mort handed out. Ross asked if Ron’s facility is still state approved. Ron said: “yes”. George asked Mort to put his concerns in writing and submit them to the BOS.
Ron stated currently there are 400 cyd’s of town owned sand at his property, but the salt is gone.
12. The transfer station contract was reviewed. The amount is $337.69 higher than the figure
that was available at town meeting.
George motioned to sign the contract with the Town of
13. The FOIA certification meeting will be held Tuesday, September 9 at 6:30 p.m. at the Wiscasset Town Office.
14. George spoke with Attorney Bill Dale regarding the baker Road issue. Atty. Dale will forward the BOS a letter for Albert. The board will discuss the letter next week.
15. The BOS discussed the following abatement requests:
Map 2, Lots 75 & 76: George moved to abate the Mackie’s $318.00 as recommended by Gene Huskins, CMA; Ross, 2nd; Vote: 3-0.
Gene Huskins submitted a letter advising the Board to grant farmland status as of next year to Mario DePietro provided he submits a duplicate application. George moved to send a letter to Mr. DePietro; Ross, 2nd; Vote: 3-0.
Map 5, Lot 14.9A: George moved to approve an abatement for Mark & Wendy Williams for $661.49 for 2005 and 2006; Brenda, 2nd; Vote: 3-0.
16. George motioned to adjourn at 9:00 pm; Ross, 2nd; Vote 3-0. The meeting was adjourned.
1. George moved to re-open the meeting at 9:02 p.m.; Ross, 2nd; Vote: 3-0.
The BOS reviewed
Gene’s letter regarding the Sartoris property (Map 4,
3. George motioned to adjourn at 9:05 pm; Ross, 2nd; Vote 3-0. The meeting was adjourned.
George D. Richardson, Jr. Brenda J. Bonyun Ross Norton