BOARD OF SELECTMEN, ASSESSORS AND OVERSEERS MEETING
Board members present: George D. Richardson Jr., Brenda Bonyun and Jack Swanton
Citizens present: Bill Cooney, Ben Crehore, Richard DeVries and Ruth Nelson
Guests present: Charlotte Boynton of the Wiscasset Newspaper
1. George called the meeting to order at 7:22 p.m.
2. Warrant No. 11 for $9,870.74 was presented. George moved to accept; Brenda, 2nd; vote: unanimous.
3. Minutes for the August 20th Selectmen’s meeting were amended. Jack moved to accept as amended; George, 2nd: vote: unanimous.
4. Bill Cooney updated the Board of Selectmen on the Town Hall projects. A date has been set to meet with bidders on September 18 at 5:00 p.m. at the Town Hall. Bids will be opened at 7:00 p.m., September 27, 200b Board of Selectmen’s meeting.
5. Richard DeVries explained
the purpose of a letter analyzing state education funding which results in
George moved to appoint Art Ballard, Allan Bebout, Richard DeVries and Dennis Dunbar to an Ad Hoc Committee to be called the Westport Island Education Subsidy Review Committee.
6. Ruth Nelson, representing the Planning Board discussed the upcoming ordinance hearing on the Site Plan Review Ordinance and the Blasting ordinance, October 2, 2006 at 7:00 p.m. at the Town Hall.
7. Richard DeVries suggested the town mail out a newsletter before the November 5th elections.
8. George shared a bill from Northeast Security where they charged the town $105.00 to tell us the phone was dead. George said he would negotiate.
9. George moved to hire William H. Brewer to audit the town books up to June 30, 2006. Brenda seconded the motion; vote: unanimous.
10. Ruth Nelson reported on the previous evening’s Planning Board meeting and the receiving of the application for the ferry landing improvement. George moved to accept a draft letter notifying abutters. Jack seconded the motion; vote: unanimous.
11. George shared a letter from
Attorney Elliot Field concerning a setback violation on Map 7,
12. The minutes of the public hearing at Map 6, Lots 77.1 and 78 on September 12, 2006, at 6:00 p.m. were moved to be accepted as written by George; 2nd by Brenda; vote: 2-0-1. (Jack was not present at the hearing.)
A license for a ramp and float at the ferry landing was approved and signed by all selectmen.
13. Jack shared an e-mail from
Attorney David B. Soule concerning a “no enforcement” action letter from the
selectmen for Map 7,
14. George moved to adjourn at 9:48 pm; Brenda, 2nd; vote: unanimous.
George D. Richardson, Jr.
Brenda J. Bonyun
John B. Swanton