BOARD OF SELECTMEN, ASSESSORS AND OVERSEERS MEETING
Board members: George D. Richardson, Jr. and Ross Norton
Citizens: Ron Harrison, Mort Mendes and Ruth & John Nelson
Guests: Charlotte Boynton of Wiscasset Newspaper and Bob Fairfield
1. George called the meeting to order at 7:05 p.m.
2. Warrant No.12 for $56,588.61 was reviewed. George moved to approve; Ross, 2nd;
3. A letter was received from Eric Ham of the DEP giving the town an extension on the permit for the boat launch facility.
4. A letter was signed to Dean and Nancy MacFadden regarding Map 1, Lots 53 and 54 stating the lots are grandfathered and as long as they meet septic, well and setback requirements they can be built on.
5. The following abatements were granted and supplemental bills approved:
Conrad Canantit, Map 4,
Carlos and Ana Menacho, map 4,
Donald and Cheryl
Adams for $561.64, Map 2,
D. Rum Cove LLC, Map 5:
E. The following motions were made, seconded and approved by a vote of 2-0:
1. Motion by Ross to send a letter to Rum Cove LLC stating the selectmen agree with CMA Gene Huskins’ findings.
2. Motion by George to approve the abatements previously listed.
6. CMA Gene Huskins recommended the farmland application of Mario and Veronica DePietro’s be denied because the application was filed too late. The application for abatement by William Sartoris was also denied. Ross motioned to send letters to the DePietro’s and the Sartoris’ agreeing with the recommendations of CMA Gene Huskins. George seconded the motion; Vote: 2-0.
7. George moved to hold a public hearing on the salt shed for the town at a later date; Ross, 2nd; Vote: 2-0.
8. George moved to decline the offer of Mort Mendes and Ron Harrison for the town to rent Ron’s salt shed. Ross seconded the motion; Vote: 2-0.
10. George made a motion to sell approximately 400 cyd of road sand stored at Ron Harrison’s facility for $7.00 per cubic yard to Ron; Ross, 2nd; Vote: 2-0. Ron declined the offer.
letter was received complaining about the mosquitoes encountered while walking
past the Mendes’ property on
12. George motioned to adjourn at 8:33 pm; Ross, 2nd; Vote 2-0. The meeting was adjourned.
George D. Richardson, Jr.