TOWN HALL FURNACE BID OPENING
Selectmen: George D. Richardson Jr., Brenda J. Bonyun and Jack Swanton
Citizens: Bill Cooney, Dennis Dunbar, John and Ruth Nelson, Jon Williams
1. George opened the bid hearing at 7:11 p.m.
2. The bids were opened:
A. Benner Burner Service - $3,153.89 plus $735 if new tank is needed.
B. Ron’s Oil Heat & LP Gas Service - $3,650.00 new power vent
C. Tilas Heating - $3,000.00
D. Mid-Coast Energy Systems - $4,763.08
George motioned to table any action on the bids until differences in furnaces, tanks, plenums, etc. can be compared. Jack seconded the motion; vote: 3-0
BOARD OF SELECTMEN, ASSESSORS AND OVERSEERS MEETING
1. George called the meeting to order at 7:40 p.m.
2. Warrant No.13 for $99,949.81 was presented. George motioned to approve;
Brenda, 2nd; vote: 3-0.
3. Minutes of the September 20, 2006 meeting were reviewed. George moved to accept them as written; Jack, 2nd; vote: 3-0.
4. Jon Williams distributed a letter he would like answered but not necessarily this evening. The selectmen agreed to read and discuss it at a later meeting.
Dunbar asked that the C.M.A. furnish a copy of the
6. The selectman needed to sign the National Incident Management System designation. George moved to sign; Brenda, 2nd; vote: 3-0. It was signed.
abatement of $11.49 was recommended by C.M.A. Gene Huskins for map 7,
8. Jack agreed to notify Marcy Axelrad and Robert Whitney as to the procedure for setting an appointment with the assessors and C.M.A.
9. John R. Caswell has requested a meeting with the assessors. He will be contacting the town office.
10. Jack agreed to contact Ron Harrison to set a time to reviews his stockpiles of sand and salt and also get a copy of his performance bond.
11. Brenda agreed to reply to Mr. Shultze’s e-mail regarding his composting project and his 2 tax billings idea, which the town already considered on June 13, 2004 and rejected 16 to 37.
12. A letter was written to Mr. E. Davies Allan about his offer to clear the stumps from the sand and salt shed building site.
13. George moved to adjourn at 9:53 p.m.; Jack, 2nd; vote: 3-0.
George D. Richardson, Jr.
Brenda J. Bonyun
Jack B. Swanton