Board of Selectmen, Assessors and Overseers Meeting
September 27, 2010
Present: George D. Richardson Jr., Gerald A. Bodmer and Ross Norton
& Ruth Nelson, Chuck & Judy Reeves, David Spiegel and
Boynton of the Wiscasset Newspaper, Matthew Stilphen of
1. George called the meeting to order at 12:04 p.m.
2. Ad Hoc Committee for Wright House Non-Easement/Easement Property Beautification Plan:
David Speigel presented the completed beautification plan with a summary of the details and a request to the BOS for $2,500.00 to implement the plan. George advised that the BOS needed to review finances available for the Ferry Landing before granting approval. However, George motioned that the CEO should be consulted before any pruning was done; Jerry, 2nd; vote: 3-0.
Further, David requested that the committee be discontinued as an ad hoc committee and become a standing committee. George advised that the BOS would review the request but suggested that David draft an ordinance for the proposed committee for the BOS to review.
3. Warrant: George motioned to approve Warrant No. 13, dated September 27, 2010 for $8,142.18. (Payroll - $3,511.32 and Payables $4,630.86); Jerry, 2nd; vote: 3-0.
4. Minutes: The minutes of the August 13, 2010 meeting were reviewed. George motioned to accept as written; Jerry, 2nd; vote: 3-0.
5. Citizen Issues: George read a resignation letter to the BOS from John Nelson regarding the Wright Committee. The BOS regretfully accepted his resignation but offered thanks for his dedicated efforts while on the Committee. John did comment that he thought that Chairman David Spiegel had been doing “a masterful job” in organizing the committee and when asked, did not rule out supporting David in the future of the Wright Committee.
George read a resignation letter to the BOS from Ron and Cora Tarbox regarding the Cemetery Committee. The BOS regretfully accepted their resignations and will send a thank you note for their tireless efforts while on the Committee.
Ruth Nelson asked the BOS if another Planning Board review was necessary for the Jetty project due to changes that have occurred since the earlier review. George offered to determine if another was necessary.
6. Bid Letter for Wright House Repairs: George reviewed the bid proposal for the Wright house repairs
needed with the other Selectmen and all agreed that it should be sent to
7. Ferry Landing Drainage, Turning Radius and Broken Septic Tank Issues: George motioned to have G & D Cromwell replace the Wright House broken septic tank at a cost not to exceed $3,500.00 as soon as possible to prevent possible groundwater or Back River contamination: Ross, 2nd; vote: 3-0.
The other issues were tabled pending a review of finances available for the Ferry Landing.
8. Septic Tank Pumping Schedule: George and Ross reviewed and agreed with the septic tank maintenance schedule details provided by the LPI, Jerry Bodmer, and motioned to have Jerry contact several waste disposal contractors for the lowest price and make arrangements pump them out within the next two weeks; Ross, 2nd; vote: 3-0.
9. Credit/Debit Cards: “Staples” credit cards and The 1st Bank debit cards were made available for the Treasurer and the Selectmen.
10. MMA Voter Delegate: George motioned that he be appointed on the MMA Voter Credential Form as the Westport Island MMA voter delegate and Jerry be appointed as the Westport Island Alternate Voting Delegate; Ross, 2nd; vote: 3-0.
11. Wiscasset Transfer Station Contract: George motioned that the BOS accept the Wiscasset Transfer Station
2010/2011 contract price of $74,211.48 which represents
13. George moved to adjourn the meeting at 2:00 p.m.; Ross, 2nd; vote: 3-0.
George D. Richardson, Jr. Ross Norton Gerald A. Bodmer