BOARD OF SELECTMEN, ASSESSORS AND OVERSEERS MEETING
Board members: George D. Richardson, Jr. and Ross Norton
Citizens: Dennis Dunbar
Guests: Charlotte Boynton of Wiscasset Newspaper and
Greg Foster of
1. George called the meeting to order at 7:26 p.m.
2. Warrant No.13 for $81,682.38 was reviewed. George moved to approve; Ross, 2nd;
contacted suppliers of bagged salt in NY and MA. The price per bag in NY was $7.63 and in MA
$7.80, picked up. Ames Supply quoted
$6.09 per bag delivered to
3. The minutes of September 15th were reviewed. George moved to approve as written; Ross, 2nd; vote: 2-0.
4. The minute of September 22nd were reviewed. George moved to approve as written; Ross, 2nd; vote: 2-0.
5. A public hearing to adopt the General Assistance Ordinance will be held on October 6, 2008 at 7:00 pm at the Town Office.
6. Bill Hopkins inquired about having the WVFD stock a few 5 gallon cans of K-1 to be distributed to residents in need during winter season emergencies. He also asked about weatherization for the town office. George made a motion to have Bill look into whether the town office building needed it and what could be done for around $100.00. Ross seconded the motion; vote: 2-0.
7. George motioned to adjourn at 7:54 pm; Ross, 2nd; Vote 2-0. The meeting was adjourned.
George D. Richardson, Jr. Ross Norton