BOARD OF SELECTMEN, ASSESSORS AND OVERSEERS MEETING
Selectmen: George D. Richardson, Jr., Gerald A. Bodmer and Ross Norton
Citizens: Ruth & John Nelson and David Spiegel
Dunton, Linc Sample, Charlotte
Boynton of Wiscasset Newspaper and Matt Stilphen of
1. George called the meeting to order at 12:12 p.m.
2. George moved to approve Warrants No. 14 for a total of $26,789.24 (Payroll - $1,452.00 and Payables - $25,337.24); Jerry, 2nd; vote: 3-0.
3. George motioned to approve the minutes of September 27, 2010; Ross, 2nd; vote: 3-0.
4. George motioned to appoint Bill Cooney as Co-chair of the Cemetery Committee; Ross, 2nd; vote: 3-0.
5. There will not be a Selectmen’s meeting Monday, October 11, 2010, because of the holiday.
6. A portion of the beautification plan has been approved as follows:
A. Setting the stone at the entrance.
B. Planting shrubs in the triangle.
C. Planting clover in area “C/D” of the plan.
D. Planting a red maple in area “F”.
E. Placing crushed stone around the bench.
F. Placing stone and planting juniper bushes in section “H”.
A motion was made to allow David Spiegel and Art Ballard to purchase material as needed for the Ferry Landing, up to $2,000.00 to be drawn down from the Doggett Trust Fund. Jerry seconded the motion; vote: 3-0.
7. With approval from the C.E.O., pruning and cutting of trees, next to the shore will be allowed (maximum 1/3 height of trees) per Sections “F”, “I”, “G1”, “G-2”. Jerry seconded the motion; vote: 3-0.
8. The Town received the permit for the submerged land on the jetty project from the D.E.P. George motioned to be authorized to sign the permit; Ross, 2nd; vote: 3-0.
9. George motioned to adjourn at 1:33 p.m.; Jerry, 2nd; vote: 3-0
George D. Richardson, Jr.
Gerald A. Bodmer